Anyone seen this ATA before?

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Rob Walker, Apr 7, 2006.

  1. Rob Walker

    Rob Walker Guest

    Rob Walker, Apr 7, 2006

  2. Rob Walker

    PhilT Guest

    PhilT, Apr 7, 2006

  3. Rob Walker

    Rob Walker Guest

    Thanks for the link. The MAC address is 00:C0:02:1A:30:03:00 which is 2
    digits too long for a start! I had to get this information from my DHCP
    server as it's not printed anywhere on it or on the web interface. Your list
    has the first 6 digits down as 'Sercomm Corporation'. Their website doesn't
    list any VOIP products and I haven't turned up anything useful so far
    anywhere else on the web. I suppose it's possible that they simply make the
    ethernet interface used in this product.

    Anyway, thanks for your help. I'm using SIP Discount and I made my first
    proper long call using VOIP yesterday. Despite using a crappy old phone and
    this rather cheap ATA, the call was crystal clear and didn't suffer from any
    of the drop outs I've previously had with Skype etc.

    The fact I have to dial 0044 before all my numbers isn't a big problem I
    suppose. I only call a handful of people and the ATA has 8 speed dials which
    I can access by dialling *68x.

    Thanks for the input.

    Rob

    Rob Walker, Apr 7, 2006
  4. Rob Walker

    The s-Bray Guest

    Hi Rob

    I've just purchased the same model of ATA from the same guy on ebay. Is the
    unit easy to set up?

    The s-Bray, Apr 8, 2006
  5. Rob Walker

    Rob Walker Guest

    Basically yes, I'm new to VOIP and had it going in about 15 mins. I signed
    up to SIP Discout first.
    Out of the box the ATA defaults to an IP of 192.168.0.250 so it's just a
    matter of setting your PC to a 192.168.0.x address, then pointing a web
    browser at 192.168.0.250. I changed the IP to something on my normal subnet
    and then reconfigured my PC.

    Back in the web interface, Under the VOIP settings I added server address,
    user name and password, and then the STUN server at the bottom of the page.
    It wouldn't connect at first, until I put something in the phone number
    field. I imagine 1234 would work, but I've now replaced that with my real
    VOIP geographic number issued by SIP Discount. There's also a 'caller ID
    name' field in which I've put my name. I'm not sure if this is needed but
    might be worth bearing in mind.

    Rob

    Rob Walker, Apr 8, 2006
  6. Rob Walker

    The s-Bray Guest

    Thanks Rob. I've used a PAP2 before, which was quite easy to set up.
    Purchased the ebay one for the in-laws.

    The s-Bray, Apr 8, 2006
  7. Rob Walker

    Tim Morley Guest

    Rob any hints on getting it going with SIP discount please? I have just
    bought the same unit and cannot connect :(
    I have set as follows

    Primary SIP Servers Server Address
    Server Port
    Domain Name
    Outbound Proxy Server
    Outbound Proxy Server Port
    Registration Timer Seconds

    User Data Phone Number
    Caller ID Name
    User Name
    Password
    UDP Port

    Is this what you get?

    Tim Morley, Apr 14, 2006
  8. Rob Walker

    Tim Morley Guest

    EDIT !

    Rob any hints on getting it going with SIP discount please? I have just
    bought the same unit and cannot connect :(
    I have set as follows

    Primary SIP Servers Server Address sip1.sipdiscount.com
    Server Port 5060
    Domain Name sipdiscount.com
    Outbound Proxy Server sip1.sipdiscount.com
    Outbound Proxy Server Port 5082
    Registration Timer Seconds 3600

    User Data Phone Number 1234
    Caller ID Name me
    User Name xxxxxx
    Password xxxxxx
    UDP Port 5060

    Is this what you get?

    Should the status light flash all the time?
    How do I know I am past my router?

    HELP ;)

    Tim Morley, Apr 14, 2006
  9. Rob Walker

    paul123 Guest

    Don't have one of these units, but where you have "Phone Number
    1234" - try putting your username there too.

    paul123, Apr 14, 2006
  10. Rob Walker

    Tim Morley Guest

    Thanks Paul, Ill try it. Getting annoyed now :(

    Tim Morley, Apr 14, 2006
  11. Rob Walker

    Tim Morley Guest

    Tried that, still no joy. The bloomin' thing is now hanging my entire
    network after about 3 to 5 minutes. I then need to power it off and re-boot
    my router, then its ok. I think it may be faulty ;(

    Tim Morley, Apr 14, 2006
  12. Rob Walker

    The s-Bray Guest

    Hi Tim

    Have the same unit as both you and Rob. Have managed to get it to register
    with sipdiscount but not with sipgate. No matter what I do, I can't get it
    to register with sipgate.

    The s-Bray, Apr 15, 2006
  13. Rob Walker

    Tim Morley Guest

    Hi,

    Any chance of emailing me some screen shots of your settings for
    sipdiscount (obviously scrubbing your account details!) Are you using
    through a router? I tried using upnp also last night, I know this works on
    my router as my xbox 360 shows up in my router config as opening 1 port. Yet
    nothing shows up for the voip adaptor. Should I just have bought a more
    expensive unit! Still had no reply from "digidave" !

    I would really appreciate it if you could assist. Thanks, hopefully ;)

    Tim Morley, Apr 15, 2006
  14. Rob Walker

    The s-Bray Guest

    Hi Tim

    Have sent you an email

    The s-Bray, Apr 16, 2006
  15. Rob Walker

    Chris Guest

    On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 08:42:26 GMT, "The s-Bray" <>

    I think you may have your ATA wired up incorrectly- wires reversed ,
    which causes it to hang.

    Chris

    Chris, Apr 16, 2006
  16. Rob Walker

    Tim Morley Guest

    Which wires?

    Tim Morley, Apr 16, 2006
  17. Rob Walker

    Tim Morley Guest

    Cheers, still no joy ;(

    Tim Morley, Apr 16, 2006
  18. Adam Aglionby, Apr 17, 2006
  19. Rob Walker

    Chris Guest

    Phone wires.

    Chris, Apr 17, 2006
  20. Rob Walker

    Tim Morley Guest

    Good idea, but next to the CE mark with the FCC logo, it just says "tested
    to comply with FCC standards" .

    Tim Morley, Apr 17, 2006