    Anyone running Nortel's Contivity VPN Client on WinXP 64? My 3D CAD
    software has a version for WindowsXP 64 but I need to be able to VPN in to
    our license server to use it. I am itching to try it!! =)

    Joe S., Oct 7, 2005

  2. If Nortel doesn't have a native 64-bit VPN client, I doubt you'll get it to
    work. Does the Nortel support VPN's that aren't running the Nortel client?
    If so, the native MS VPN client would be worth a try.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Oct 8, 2005

  3. Joe S.

    Joe S. Guest

    Thanks for the response Chuck. They do have a version for a lot of
    different OS's but none showing for WinXP 64 (yet). I opened a ticket on it
    with Nortel & will respond here with their answer.

    No way to me using the native MS client, I am reaching here no matter what.
    Even if I do get a Nortel client our Admin will push back at me using it.
    His knee-jerk response is NO to anything, pretty much ever. I will be
    required to go through the his superiors to force him to work with me on it.
    Just getting me on the VPN program was a two year campaign. Only IT or
    director level or higher was allowed on it & "we don't support using
    ProEngineer via the VPN". He didn't respond well when I responded "That's
    OK, you don't support it here either!".

    Joe S., Oct 9, 2005
  4. It's a shame to have that kind of IT department. It's not the kind I've run,
    but I've certainly seen the like. (And been brought in more than once to
    "educate them, or eradicate them". )

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Oct 9, 2005
  5. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Oct 9, 2005
  6. Could be a bad boss just as easily. You'd be surprised how much of a change
    good management can make in an apparently hopeless department.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Oct 10, 2005
  7. Joe S.

    Joe S. Guest

    Heard back from Nortel. No they do not have a version of their Contivity
    VPN Client for WinXP 64 Edition at this time. They told me to look for it
    mid 2006.

    Joe S., Oct 12, 2005
  8. Joe S.

    Joe S. Guest

    In this case it the problem is both. Actually his "boss" is great but quite
    busy as he is the VP of finance. The VP of IT moved on during the dot com
    boom & they never bothered to replace him. The VP of finance took it over
    & he makes the final call on everything.

    This means major political campaigns to get anything done. Get approval for
    the money first, then push it to IT.
    The guy I been whining about is truly a jerk, everyone who had to deal with
    him knows it, all of our IT department included. They just promoted a techi
    to be his assistant & my theory he is really his replacement. THERE IS
    HOPE!

    Joe S., Oct 12, 2005
  9. Joe S.

    Guest Guest

    I would like to keep this thread open, I need Contivity also for my new XP
    Pro X64 pc, And I WORK at Nortel!! Trying to get the new box set up to work
    from home to beat the traffic mess at RTP, NC. I tried installing Nortel's
    beta version 6 of Contivity Client, but it wouldn't complete installation.
    Could just be an installer problem. I'll let you know if I get it working.

    Guest, Oct 20, 2005