    I used to be able to get like 6 movies in one week, Seems like they
    have set a policy of only shipping movies once a week if you return
    them to fast.

    Wart, Oct 6, 2004

  2. Wart

    Tarkus Guest

    I've noticed no such thing. They always receive my movies the day after
    I mail them, and I receive the next movie one or two days later. Since I
    often use my DVD burner to "time shift" my rentals, I generally get a LOT
    of rentals each month.

    Tarkus, Oct 6, 2004

  3. Wart

    Pug Fugley Guest

    Nope. I'm on the 3 out right now, and I've got it paced so I get one every
    day. There's never no more than 3 days turnaround.

    Pug Fugley, Oct 7, 2004
  4. Wart

    SoHillsGuy Guest

    << Seems like they
    have set a policy of only shipping movies once a week if you return
    them to fast. >><BR><BR>

    Just a nasty internet rumor that you seemed to have bought into....

    SoHillsGuy, Oct 7, 2004
  5. I'm getting the feeling that part of some Blockbuster guy's job is to
    come in here every so often and post this same thing over and over. :)

    Reginald Dwight, Oct 7, 2004
  6. Wart

    Ed Kim Guest

    i've noticed that most of the time, a title will ship to me and the
    expected arrival date will be 2-3 days later; however, every once in a
    while, a title will list an expected arrival date more like 5 days
    later. i assume that if my local distro doesn't have a title in
    stock, that they ship from the next closest one?

    -goro-

    Ed Kim, Oct 7, 2004
  7. Wart

    negatus Guest

    It's been happening to me for the last 2 weeks. Netflix will aknowledge my
    return in the morning, but by mid afternoon they will state in my queue that
    the next title will ship the next day. Earlier this week, they waited 2
    complete days on 2 titles before sending them out.

    I sent an e-mail to them, but as of today there's been no replay.

    negatus, Oct 7, 2004
  8. Wart

    Oldguy Guest

    I have noticed in the past that if you return your DVD's too fast,
    Netflix seems to slow down their shipments, as if they don't want you to
    get more than x-number of DVD's/month.

    Oldguy, Oct 7, 2004
  9. Wart

    Tarkus Guest

    I've noticed that this is an urban legend.

    Tarkus, Oct 8, 2004
  10. Wart

    negatus Guest

    Urban legend...maybe, but a couple of months ago Netflix kept sending me
    e-mails to ask if my rentals had arrived earlier than they projected. I
    never responded.

    negatus, Oct 8, 2004
  11. Wart

    Tarkus Guest

    Or later than projected. I've answered every one, and it hasn't slowed
    down my shipments one bit. I still have a two- to three-day turnaround
    on each title.

    Tarkus, Oct 8, 2004
  12. Wart

    Noah Jonze Guest

    Bull. It happened to me. A consistent slowdown.

    ------
    "Too many O-B-G-Y-N's aren't able to practice their, their LOVE with women
    all across this country."
    -- George W. Bush, campaign speech, 9/06/04
    -------------------------------
    "You know, I think about Missy Johnson. She's a fantastic lady I met in
    Charlotte, North Carolina. She and her son Bryan, they came to see me. Her
    husband PJ got killed. He'd been in Afghanistan, went to Iraq.
    You know, it's hard work to try TO LOVE HER as best as I can, knowing full
    well that the decision I made caused her loved one to be in harm's way. "
    -- George W. Bush, first presidential debate, 9/30/2004

    Noah Jonze, Oct 8, 2004
  13. Wart

    negatus Guest

    I'm just relaying my experience and not trying to invalidate yours.

    For the record, I don't feel that any other DVD rental service will offer
    better service or selection for a long time to come.

    negatus, Oct 8, 2004
  14. Wart

    Big Boy Guest

    I'm getting the feeling that part of some Netflix guy's job is to
    come in here every so often and DENY this same thing over and over. :)

    Big Boy, Oct 8, 2004
  15. Wart

    Big Boy Guest

    I've noticed that, just because it hasn't happened to you yet,
    doesn't mean that it hasn't happened to anyone!

    Big Boy, Oct 8, 2004
  16. Wart

    Tarkus Guest

    Bull. It hasn't happened to me. They've been consistently fast. So
    maybe your problems aren't part of some conspiracy.

    Tarkus, Oct 8, 2004
  17. Wart

    Tarkus Guest

    I'm not saying that no one has received poor service. What I'm saying is
    there's no evidence to back up the claim that it's part of a conspiracy
    to reduce the number of rentals/month.

    Tarkus, Oct 8, 2004
  18. Wart

    Noah Jonze Guest

    I'm not saying that no one has received poor service. What I'm saying is

    No evidence other than the growing number of witnesses who report it has
    continuously happened to them.

    ------

    Noah Jonze, Oct 9, 2004
  19. Wart

    Invid Fan Guest

    given that those who have the speed of rentals increase or stay the
    same don't say anything, it's a biased sample. If I mail three dvds
    back the same day, they'll often arrive there on different day. Such is
    life, and the same thing happens when dvds are mailed to me.

    Invid Fan, Oct 9, 2004
  20. Same here. And thanks for stating what I thought would be obvious to
    most.

    Reginald Dwight, Oct 9, 2004