    mozilla.support.thunderbird

    int he last 3-4 days.

    Is it just me or is there something wrong with the giganews host?

    occam, Nov 12, 2006

  2. occam

    SteveG Guest

    It was working fine earlier today

    SteveG, Nov 12, 2006

  3. occam

    Tony Raven Guest

    occam wrote on 12/11/2006 19:39 +0100:
    Something wrong with your news host. Its been fine and I've been
    reading them both over the last few days. You've not missed much
    though. They had a major troll attack and one of the Moz Champions
    compounded it by posting Do Not Post replies to all the troll posts.

    --
    Tony

    - Leonardo da Vinci

    Tony Raven, Nov 12, 2006
  4. occam

    occam Guest

    Thats strange because I have no problem with the rest of the news groups
    - alt.fan.mozilla :)-), msnews.microsoft.com, etc.

    I have tried www.giganews.com (the host) and that gives me 'connection
    to the server was reset, try later'.

    Strange.

    occam, Nov 12, 2006
  5. occam

    Tony Raven Guest

    occam wrote on 12/11/2006 21:47 +0100:
    Don't know about you but I use different news servers for them. For
    alt.fan.mozilla and other standard newsgroups I use news.individual.net
    which is a Usenet news server but for mozilla.support.firefox &
    thunderbird I use the news.mozilla.org server.

    --
    Tony

    - Leonardo da Vinci

    Tony Raven, Nov 12, 2006
  6. occam

    occam Guest

    news.mozilla.org .. is the server I use. (I thought I saw somewhere on
    the mozilla site that this is hosted by giganews.com, hence my
    reference above.)

    http://www.mozilla.org/support/

    (under Newsgroup it says
    "Mozilla newsgroups are provided and hosted by Giganews Newsgroups."
    which points to www.giganews.com )

    occam, Nov 12, 2006
  7. The correct host to access the Mozilla newsgroups is news.mozilla.org.

    Mumia W. (reading news), Nov 12, 2006
  8. I resemble that remark <g>

    Mozilla Champion (Dan), Nov 13, 2006
  9. occam

    occam Guest

    You 'resemble'? If you resent the remark, why the grin? :)
    In the meantime, I still cannot access mozilla.support.thunderbird -
    which frustrates me, as this Saturday I ditched OE and Installed TB
    1.5.0.8.

    'Where are all the support groups when you really need them' is a
    paraphrase of a well known complaint about policemen.

    occam, Nov 13, 2006
  10. occam

    Tony Raven Guest

    occam wrote on 13/11/2006 08:49 +0100: