    Olympus E-10, Olympus IS-3 DLX.
    Vivitar V3800N.
    Amateur.

    Bill Mcdonald, Dec 24, 2003

  2. Bill Mcdonald

    Jimmy Guest

    Are you perhaps referencing Movie Maker? C:\Program Files\Movie Maker\moviemk.exe

    Jimmy, Dec 24, 2003

  3. Bill Mcdonald

    Iconoclast Guest

    It is called Windows Picture and Fax Viewer. Yes, it will download your
    photos from your camera.
    Go to Help and type in Fax Viewer. Follow instructions.

    Have you tried connecting your camera to the windows USB port? It will
    probably download your photos automatically (just a few clicks to activate)

    Iconoclast, Dec 24, 2003
  4. Thanks for the info. It appears either Photoshop Elements2 or the s/w
    from the Kodak perfect touch cd overwrote the registry, up until I
    installed those programs, I had no problems.I made this post after
    unsuccessfully trying to do the usb transfer you mentioned.

    Anyway I have changed the file associations to windows fax and picture
    viewer and we'll see what happens next time.

    Again thanks very much for your reply which has solved my problem
    hopefully.

    Bill Mcdonald in Joshua Tree.
    Olympus E-10, Olympus IS-3 DLX.
    Vivitar V3800N.
    Amateur.

    Bill Mcdonald, Dec 24, 2003
  5. Bill Mcdonald

    Dave Cox Guest

    (Bill Mcdonald) wrote in @localhost:
    Microsoft scanner and camera wizard.......If this doesn't automatically
    start when you plug in your camera you can activate it by right
    clicking on your camera in MY COMPUTER and select GET PICTURES or a
    window should pop up asking which program to use to transfer the
    pictures when you plug your camera in.

    The scanner and camera wizard is great if all you want to do is
    transfer pics from your camera....it's fast and simple with the ability
    to rotate, rename pictures and set store locations. It will also delete
    the pictires from your camera if you so choose.

    You can also use this with a card reader.

    Dave Cox, Dec 24, 2003
  6. TVwriter will reformat images so they can be read in many digital cameras
    after editing, if that's what you need. Get it from my Web site:

    http://www.satsignal.net => Image Utilities, TVwriter

    Cheers,
    David

    David J Taylor, Dec 24, 2003
  7. Bill Mcdonald

    Larry Lynch Guest

    If the camera allows (in the set-up menu) for you to
    choose usb modes, the scanner-camera wizard should auto-
    detect any camera set in PTP (peer to peer) mode.

    Some Sony cameras refer to this with a little icon, and
    normal usb mode is called normal or USB.

    Larry Lynch, Dec 24, 2003
  8. Bill Mcdonald

    MarkH Guest

    (Bill Mcdonald) wrote in @localhost:
    Have you tried a USB2 Card reader + Windows Explorer?

    I use this combo to transfer 512MB of images in less than 5 minutes (I
    think 3 to 4 minutes is normal).

    MarkH, Dec 24, 2003