    (except it doesnt specifically show noise ratio), something similar to
    OmniPeek (except it's expensive).

    Can anyone suggest some good free WiFi tools? (Non-linux)

    Dennis, Sep 15, 2009

  2. Dennis

    Whiskers Guest

    ..-----
    | ]# iwlist scan
    | lo Interface doesn't support scanning.
    |
    | eth1 Scan completed :
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | Cell 02 - Address: 00:14:7F:A1:B3:A1
    | ESSID:"BTHomeHub-267B"
    | Protocol:IEEE 802.11bg
    | Mode:Master
    | Channel:7
    | Frequency:2.442 GHz (Channel 7)
    | Encryption key:eek:n
    | Bit Rates:1 Mb/s; 2 Mb/s; 5.5 Mb/s; 6 Mb/s; 9 Mb/s
    | 11 Mb/s; 12 Mb/s; 18 Mb/s; 24 Mb/s; 36 Mb/s
    | 48 Mb/s; 54 Mb/s
    | Quality=85/100 Signal level=-64 dBm Noise level=-69 dBm
    | Extra: Last beacon: 103ms ago
    |
    | [...]
    '-----

    (That isn't my router)
    Hmmm. How many OSs does that leave?

    Whiskers, Sep 15, 2009

  3. Dennis

    Dennis Guest

    .-----
    Yes... that is exactly the info I need, and I know linux has several
    tools that can do it. But is there seriously not one single freeware
    program for Vista that can show the 'noise level'?

    Dennis, Sep 16, 2009
  4. Dennis

    G. Morgan Guest

    You need a spectrum analyzer, inSSIDer tries to sell you one each time you
    launch it.

    G. Morgan, Sep 16, 2009
  5. Well Duh.
    http://wareseeker.com/free-wifi-signal-distance/