    would be perfect.

    Thanks in advance.

    John.

    John (scuubydu), Jun 8, 2005

  2. Public domain or otherwise free performances?

    Don't you hate it when the only way you can get them is in a lossy
    format? You'd think these people who give away their music for free
    would at least use a lossless codec.

    Of course, if it isn't free, he should buy the damn CD... unless it
    isn't available on a real CD (I.e. one of those non-Red book compliant
    copy protection schemes), in which case go ahead and rip it off for all
    I care.

    Most likely this will be a two-step process. Usually MP3->Wave->CDDA.
    Winamp and your favourite CD writing application should do the job nicely.

    The Other Guy

    The Other Guy, Jun 8, 2005

  3. John (scuubydu)

    Bling-Bling Guest

    sounds that this fellow is wanting to use some sort of CD burning
    programme that can burn MP3s as audio CDs.

    If it has a CD burner, then it already has the means to do that.

    Bling Bling

    Bling-Bling, Jun 8, 2005
  4. Itunes

    Does the job quite well

    -- ======================================================================
    | Local 38.2330S, 175.8670E |
    *Slow day Posts Blog*

    Collector»NZ, Jun 8, 2005
  5. John (scuubydu)

    Dave Taylor Guest

    I just use Nero, but if he has a burner it should have come with software
    to do this.
    Having to go from mp3-cda before burning has been done away with for a few
    years now. Select CD type, Audio CD, drag mp3s, burn.

    Dave Taylor, Jun 8, 2005
  6. So true but for some even that is too much while Itunes is select tunes in
    library and click button done

    -- ======================================================================
    | Local 38.2330S, 175.8670E |
    *Slow day Posts Blog*

    Collector»NZ, Jun 8, 2005
  7. Good point, even my freeware DVD writer software can do this. Aside from
    the fact that it would make it a lot less fun responding to the OP and
    his 'friend' who clealy wishes to disregard copyrights, it also isn't
    universally true. There are CD Audio capable tools out there that only
    handle PCM and PCM wave files.

    I'd use the MP3->wave->PCM option myself so I have complete choice of
    which codec actually handles the decompression.

    The Other Guy

    The Other Guy, Jun 8, 2005
  8. John (scuubydu)

    Bling-Bling Guest

    Well *any* audio editor, provided it can read the MP3s in the first place
    can save as WAV files.

    Sounds to me that this person should be doing a little more research about
    digital audio before it gets in any further to this task.

    Bling Bling

    Bling-Bling, Jun 8, 2005
  9. John (scuubydu)

    shannon Guest