Anyone here running 64-bit XP or Vista on a Core 2 Duo Mac?

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by None, Apr 9, 2007.

  1. None

    None Guest

    Just curious, since I've got a milestone birthday coming up and a fully
    tricked out MacBook Pro is beginning to look mighty good.
    A few questions for anyone who's doing it:

    1.) Are you dual-booting it or running it virtually, or both? If the
    latter, which works best?

    2.) What hardware compatibility issues, if any, have you encountered?

    3.) It looks like the most memory a MacBook will currently accommodate
    is 3 gigabytes. I'd be more comfortable with four, but is anyone
    currently getting by with less? If so, how well?

    I'm trying very hard to justify blowing-er, ah, investing-all this money
    in a stylish piece of bling-bling-er, ah, a state-of-the-art device to
    use as a status symbol-er, ah, a test bed for 64-bit Windows. Yeah,
    that's right-a test bed!

    And yes, I know I can buy a machine to run it on for half the price, but
    how much fun would that be?

    None, Apr 9, 2007

  2. None

    Guest Guest

    1. In my main machine (specifications below) I have a triple-boot XP x64 -
    Vista Ultimate x64 Swedish - Vista Ultimate x64 English. In the x64 Swedish
    install, I also have VPC 2007 with a dual-boot Windows 2000 - Vista Ultimate
    x86 English/Swedish. All works fine.

    2. No hardware compatibility issues. Vista has in-box drivers for SATA/RAID,
    network cards, HD audio and video.

    3. 4GB is nice, but it´s working very nice too with 2GB that I have on my
    second machine: P4 3.73GB - Windows Server "Longhorn" x64 (beta-tester) with
    Desktop Experience installed it´s faster than Vista and takes 25% RAM. Vista
    without anything started needs around 40% of my 4GB.

    /Max
    Stockholm - Sweden
    --
    Asus P5WDG2 WS Pro (i975X Express)