Anyone heard of an ATA 182?

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by RC, Aug 30, 2004.

  1. RC

    RC Guest

    Subject says it all

    Thanks

    RC, Aug 30, 2004

  2. RC

    Jeff C Guest

    Found this from a quick Google search. Never used the device.

    "The Cisco ATA-182 has been discontinued and replaced with the Cisco ATA-
    186."

    Jeff C, Aug 31, 2004

  3. RC

    RC Guest

    Must have been a dam short product life. I've been working with Cisco voice
    since it was voice-over-frame-relay (pre-VoIP) and while I admit I never
    tracked all their products I usually would, at least, recognize the name.
    This one I hadn't heard of at all, hence I posted here.

    I did search the Cisco site and found nothing on an ATA-182, not even EOL.
    I saw the same hits on Google but they all seemed to be people looking for
    information or firmware.

    I sent the question to a Cisco engineer, we'll see what happens.
    RC

    RC, Aug 31, 2004
  4. RC

    chris Guest

    Cisco bought the product line from Komodo, kept and renamed the EF200
    and EF300 products into the ATA186 and ATA 182, respectively. In
    fact, http://www.komodo-tech.com/ points to the Cisco ATA page.

    The 182 product was quickly dropped. The 182 only supported a single
    phone, but had the ability to pass the pass through to a normal analog
    line. The intent was that local calls would go via landline, but long
    distance went VOIP.

    -Chris

    chris, Sep 3, 2004