    MauiJNP Guest

    I am considering this recorder. does anyone have it? would they recommend
    it? thanks

    MauiJNP, Jan 16, 2005

  2. MauiJNP

    Daver Guest

    I have one.
    For me the big advantage over others is that live recording starts as soon
    as its turned on and is a continuous moving window. This is a lot better
    than having to press record to get this feature. Also at any stage you can
    record what is in the live record buffer.
    The downside of it is the menu's which are a bit slow and not very
    streamlined. For some reason they went backwards from the menus they used on
    their HDD+SVHS recorder that came out some years ago. It has much the same
    features as others but I must say I prefer those on the Panasonic for ease
    of use.

    One other gliche was that the first one I got didn't work properly. If I did
    an OTR recording it wouldn't work properly when I turned it on the next day.

    Daver, Jan 17, 2005

  3. MauiJNP

    MauiJNP Guest

    thanks. I ended up with a panasonic. I think I liked the menu and editing
    better on the JVC but so far, I didn't have any problems with it. thanks
    again

    MauiJNP, Jan 17, 2005