Anyone have experience with Circuit City Extended Warranty (Digital Cameras)<<<TIA>>>

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by blkphlover2001, Sep 17, 2004.

  1. Thinking of buying the Panasonic FZ20 and would like comments about
    Circuit City.

    blkphlover2001, Sep 17, 2004

  2. All extended warranties are just insurance policies and are priced to
    assure the insurance company and Circuit City both make a good profit off
    them. You would be better, on the average, to self insure. However if you
    believe the good feeling you get from having it is worth the cost, then buy
    it. Really, that is not a bad reason for doing it, but from a strictly
    economic point of view, they are all over priced.

    As for what Circuit City sells, .. well their customer service has not
    been well rated from what I have seen, I would expect the same from any
    insurance they sell.

    Joseph Meehan, Sep 17, 2004

  3. blkphlover2001

    HRosita Guest

    Hi,

    I don't know about the camera warranty but we purchased a warranty for a big
    screen tV and they came and fixed a problem without trouble.
    Rosita

    HRosita, Sep 18, 2004
  4. I wouldn't do it without CLOSELY reading the agreement and what IS and IS
    NOT covered. Usually I don't buy them, they are a major rip off.

    Circuit city HAS to be better (in general) than Best Buy, Man Best Buy
    SUCKS.

    Robert Circumfrence, Sep 18, 2004
  5. blkphlover2001

    Ron G Guest

    Though I have purchased stereo and computer equipment at CC, I have not
    purchased any digital camera equipment there, preferring a local camera
    store that will meet or exceed their prices on Oly equipment.

    However, when I have had to deal with their customer service people my
    experience has been pretty rotten wherever any energy whatsoever is
    required on their part. In one case a new stereo receiver completely
    malfunctioned, damaging some speakers. They made no effort to help me
    contact the manufacturer (which did not respond to phone calls or
    emails) and only offered to replace the item. Worse than that they were
    just plain unfriendly.

    Anyhow, since they laid off a lot of their best employees I don't give
    them any business.

    Ron G, Sep 19, 2004