    Anyone had any major problems with 2.4 stuff interferring with either
    the phone or anything electronic in the house ?

    Ta.

    -=[Waylon Smithers]=-, Nov 21, 2004

  2. nope... amd I use it a fair bit.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Nov 21, 2004

  3. -=[Waylon Smithers]=-

    Mr Bond Guest

    Yeah, I set up a new computer for a friend with a wireless
    keyboard/mouse combo. The motherboard had that nice feature where you
    can assign a button to turn the computer on. I set it for the mouse
    button to turn the computer on.

    Henceforth the computer turns on every time he recieves a phone call
    on his cordless phone.

    I still haven't stopped laughing long enough to get around there and
    change the bios settings. :)

    The interum workaround was for the computer to be turned off at the
    wall.

    Mr Bond, Nov 21, 2004
  4. -=[Waylon Smithers]=-

    Gurble Guest

    Yes - majorly.

    You simply can't use wireless networking stuff and a Panasonic 2.4GHz
    digital cordless phone.

    Tried it with 3 different APs and numerous client and peer to peer
    arrangements, plus two different models of their phones and it's
    always the same.

    Still have one at home, and whenever the phone rings, it knocks out
    our wireless LAN. :-(

    HTH.

    Gurble, Nov 21, 2004
  5. -=[Waylon Smithers]=-

    JedMeister Guest

    Have you tried changing the AP channel? At least with my AP (netgear) ,
    there are 12 channels which you could use. Never a problem with the phone
    ringing (we have 2 cordless phones - both uniden, one old, one new on 2.4ghz
    range).

    JedMeister, Nov 21, 2004
  6. -=[Waylon Smithers]=-

    Gurble Guest

    Yup, I've tried everything :(

    Problem is, the phone changes it's channel all the time.

    This is specifically the Panasonic 2.4GHz models. Maybe the Uniden's
    play better.

    Gurble, Nov 21, 2004
  7. -=[Waylon Smithers]=-

    Gurble Guest

    Are you sure it wasn't just set to wake on modem ring (relatively
    common)?

    I would expect a wireless keyboard/mouse to operate on a completely
    different frequency to a cordless phone.

    Gurble, Nov 21, 2004
  8. -=[Waylon Smithers]=-

    William Bell Guest

    Microwaves stuff ups the phones.

    Get a Standard DECT 1.8-1.9 Gig one..

    William Bell, Nov 22, 2004
  9. Thats what I have at home... only thing I notice is that if I put it
    next to the antenna, and change channels manually on the phone, there is
    a blip(down) then back up for the wifi.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Nov 22, 2004
  10. -=[Waylon Smithers]=-

    Mr Bond Guest

    I'm not sure, I've seen the setting before but wouldn't have thought
    that I would have enabled it specifically. I'll have to check that as
    a posible cause. Thanks.

    I just assumed it was the two wireless things interfering with each
    other. The keyboard/mouse had a channel selector thing, but changing
    that didn't make any difference. So you could be right.

    Mr Bond, Nov 22, 2004
  11. -=[Waylon Smithers]=-

    Bret Guest

    The MS ones operate on 27 Mhz, pretty stupid really.

    Bret, Nov 22, 2004
  12. -=[Waylon Smithers]=-

    GraB Guest

    I suppose one would have to look at infra red wireless keyboards, etc.

    GraB, Nov 22, 2004
  13. -=[Waylon Smithers]=-

    PseUDO Guest

    My wireless networking card in my notebook causes problems with my 2.4
    ghz AV sender, it causes a blip on the tv screen every 3 seconds,
    putting the card on the highest channel and the AV sender on the lowest
    channel helps keep the interference down.

    Same with the my Dlink ADSL wireless router, keeping that on a higher
    channel helps.

    Whenever the microwave oven is on it totally wipes out the AV sender!.

    PseUDO

    PseUDO, Nov 22, 2004
  14. Shouldn't that make it more immune to interference? Since interference
    from other sources is unlikely to occur simultaneously across _all_
    available channels.

    My 2.4GHz Panasonic says it has a million different codes to choose
    from, and that it autonegotiates a new one every time I put the handset
    back on the cradle.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Nov 22, 2004
  15. 22 Nov 2004 16:22:32 +1300, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <[email protected]
    central.gen.new_zealand> says...
    Channels and codes are not the same thing. The security code makes sure
    that no one can use your phone to make outgoing calls. But you can still
    have another phone on the same channel with a different security code.
    There aren't a million different channels available for any cordless
    phones.

    Patrick Dunford, Nov 22, 2004
  16. -=[Waylon Smithers]=-

    Paradox Guest

    From: "-=[Waylon Smithers]=-

    No.

    Running a wireless network on channel 11 which is as high a frequency as I
    can get (2462Ghz?) causes no problems at all with a Uniden 2.4Gz phone
    system with 2 base units and a Panasonic non-DECT phone.

    Nothing seems to upset the wireless network, occasionally the phones are
    crackly but they were like that before the network appeared.

    Rob

    Paradox, Nov 22, 2004
  17. Thanks all for the comments.

    We'll wait and see what happens, eh ?

    -=[Waylon Smithers]=-, Nov 22, 2004
  18. Nonsense! Dogs are idiots! Think about it, Smithers. If I came into your
    house and started sniffing at your crotch and slobbering all over you,
    what would you say?

    -=[Montgomery Burns]=-, Nov 22, 2004
  19. -=[Waylon Smithers]=-

    Richard Guest

    I had all of a 2.4Ghz video sender, a cordless (analog 2.4GHz) and wireless lan
    here.

    Only one could work at a time despite what you would think about there being
    lots of channels.

    Microwave oven didnt do a thing to any of the gear.

    I changed the phone for a dect one, but _damn_ the range on those things suck,
    and the multihandset thing is useless as you cant roam between the 2 of them.

    Richard, Nov 22, 2004
  20. *Anything* that is transmitting a strong enough signal can easily
    overload the receivers on other gear, regardless of frequency.

    It's a little while since I heard it, but breakthrough of radio telephone
    signals into PA systems from passing vehicles is not unknown - despite
    the fact that the PA system does not use any radio receivers.
    They are designed not to emit frequencies to the outside world, for
    safety reasons.

    Patrick Dunford, Nov 22, 2004