    available under the NEC banner as well. However I've been unable to find any
    reviews of them on the net. Anyone got one and have any comments or other
    recommendations?

    ]v[etaphoid, Feb 25, 2004

  2. ]v[etaphoid

    clp Guest

    A very nice monitor but a bit pricy. Bought a direction monitor today
    for about $580 which is a 17" screen and looks just as nice. Has
    inbuilt speakers and svideo connections. Don't know if I got a good or
    bad price but at least have one. These look longer downwards than the
    mitsubishi I looked at buying and $300 cheaper.

    clp, Feb 25, 2004

  3. ]v[etaphoid

    Ken Oaf Guest

    My experience with that brand is anything but good.

    After 7 visits back to Shitsubishi, I was so pissed off when it broke down an
    8th time that I smashed the bloody thing.

    I will never, ever buy that brand of ANYTHING again!!!

    Ken Oaf, Feb 25, 2004
  4. ]v[etaphoid

    clp Guest

    My brother has 2 of the mitsubishi 17" lcds and he hasn't encountered
    any problems touch wood. Don't recall if they were diamond view models
    but do recall seeing mitsubishi at the base of the screens.

    clp, Feb 25, 2004
  5. ]v[etaphoid

    ]v[etaphoid Guest

    I think you must be looking at the wrong model. The 771A/AB is only $175AU
    (c. US$120) and is definitely at the cheaper end of the scale. I assume the
    monitor you purchased was an LCD - $580 is very expensive for a 17" CRT.

    ]v[etaphoid, Feb 26, 2004
  6. ]v[etaphoid

    JM Guest

    The Samsung 753s is a reliable and cheap monitor and is also available in
    black.

    JM, Feb 26, 2004
  7. ]v[etaphoid

    clp Guest

    Yep, sorry. Had lcd on my mind.
    Mine is a 17" lcd direction brand.

    clp, Feb 26, 2004
  8. ]v[etaphoid

    ]v[etaphoid Guest

    I've always been very happy with Samsung displays. I use the Samsung 753DFX
    for most systems I build and it's fantastic, but doesn't come in black. Does
    the 753s have a flat screen?

    ]v[etaphoid, Feb 26, 2004
  9. ]v[etaphoid

    JM Guest

    No it's the the normal CRT but otherwise very similar to the 753DFX. The
    model has been out for a while now. I'm using a Beige coloured one for past
    12 months or so without problems and another family member has a Black cased
    version. They're certainly cheap and have a reputable long standing brand
    name rather than some of the similar priced monitors that are here today and
    gone tomorrow. Worth a look if you're buying to tight budget.

    JM, Feb 26, 2004