Anyone found a 2x adaptor/extender for Swarovski 10x32 EL?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Shiperton Henethe, Aug 14, 2003.

  1. Hi

    Has anyone found any adaptors (2x or 2.5x ??)
    that work on a Swarovski 10x32 EL?

    The 10x42 EL Swarovskis take an adaptor but
    the almost identical looking 10x32s dont!
    The eye guard are is fixed and wont screw
    out.

    Drat drat drat!

    The image doesnt need to be perfect, but when hill walking
    (see my other post) I mostly wont be able to
    carry a scope because the decent quality scopes
    all weigh so much frigging much! (ie 950+ grams / 2.1+ Lbs)

    And I'm pretty sure that no matter *how* dim
    the resultant image, under bright conditions I'll be able
    to see more details of small distant objects
    with the extra magnification (carefully proped
    up on a rock etc) than without!!

    Still I wonder... this may sound crazy but
    maybe I could buy a Swaro 2x adaptor
    and just machine it down! I'd lose
    that screw thread but I'm sure I could find
    a way to hold it in place... a rubber band
    or even blu-tack or something. Also, by
    machining away all that metal - yes! - Id be
    saving more precious weight again...!

    P.S. What about this?!
    Eagle Optics Universal Extender 2.5x
    http://www.eagleoptics.com/index.asp?dept=1&type=19&purch=1&pid=3406

    Has anyone tried it with a pair Swaro 10x32 s?

    Ship

    Shiperton Henethe, Aug 14, 2003

  2. Shiperton Henethe

    Paul Guest

    Roof prisms have a bad habit of making irritating spikes around bright
    stars, planets, and the moon.

    If you want to look at the night sky buy a reasonable pair of porros and a
    telescope.

    Paul

    Paul, Aug 18, 2003