    I just got an e-mail today on my order I placed last night (all were in stock) and 3 are backordered yet
    I put them in my shopping cart again and they do not show backordered.

    What is going on with these people????

    Film Buff, Jul 12, 2006

  2. Film Buff

    Sandoz Guest

    Sorry to hear you've had problems. Over the last five years, I've ordered
    from them appoximately 50 times I'd say and only three times were my
    selections listed as back-ordered. Two of those items i got only a week
    later than my original shipment, and only one time did it take close to
    month before my selection arrived (that's quite awhile, but it was an
    obscure title and I was happy enough watching the disks I got in the
    original shipment so I didn't freak out about the wait.)

    Maybe your just having a run of bad luck.

    Sandoz, Jul 12, 2006

  3. Film Buff

    Tonester Guest

    So why not just order from someone else?

    Tonester, Jul 13, 2006
  4. Film Buff

    Brightman Guest

    That was my solution. I got fed up with no e-mail responses from DDD among
    other things. They are an e-commerce business and should respond to e-mails
    rather than having to call them. I found DVD Pacific after this and use them
    a lot now. Prices come in close or better than DDD a lot and the bonus is
    excellent customer service.

    Brightman, Jul 13, 2006
  5. Film Buff

    jwb Guest

    I've always simply used Amazon. Yea, they're a buck or two higher than the
    discount houses, but I've never had a problem in hundreds of orders.

    jwb, Jul 13, 2006
  6. Film Buff

    Meng Guest

    Me too. Amazon (com, ca & uk) may not be the absolute cheapest but
    they're usually there or thereabouts and extremely reliable in my
    experience.

    Meng, Jul 13, 2006
  7. Film Buff

    Stan Brown Guest

    Welcome to my world.

    It's this phenomenon that finally made me realize I could do better
    elsewhere.

    The fact that they keep spamming me several times a week, despite my
    having marked my account for no mail, is just icing on the cake.

    Stan Brown, Jul 14, 2006
  8. Film Buff

    Stan Brown Guest

    I've had good luck with Bestprices.com, and quite often their price
    is lowest.

    I always check dvdpricesearch.com before ordering. There are rain
    sites I won't order from under any circumstances, like buy.com and
    DDDVD, but that leaves plenty of choices and I can usually do better
    than the "no effing way" sites, or come within a few cents.

    Stan Brown, Jul 14, 2006
  9. Film Buff

    Stan Brown Guest

    Thu, 13 Jul 2006 21:03:52 -0400 from Stan Brown
    I just had a brainstorm to log onto my account and change the email
    address to something invalid. (Pause for everyone to say, "Well,
    duh!")

    In a colossal act of arrogance, DDDVD makes you enter your credit
    card number to change your email address! Fortunately there's a
    handly list of invalid credit-card numbers pass validation:

    http://www.darkcoding.net/index.php/credit-card-numbers/

    Stan Brown, Jul 14, 2006
  10. When I first got into dvds buy.com was good until they went thru that
    rough patch a number of years ago. I went thru a spell were I liked
    bestprices.com until a fiasco I referenced below. DDD and Amazon are
    now my faves. I also sometimes use walmart.com or circuitcity.com if
    it's a title I can't get locally and have a gift certificate I need to
    spend.

    The following link is the reason I won't use bestprices.com ever again.

    http://groups.google.com/group/+bestprices&rnum=2#3ae31dc039edfb7a

    littlejoeflub, Jul 14, 2006
  11. Film Buff

    Jim Reid Guest

    I've bought over a hundred DVDs from Deep Discount. Never had one
    problem. They are slow in shipping, but that's what you get for cheap
    prices. The DDDVD haters are an angry bunch. Not sure what their deal
    is, but they sure do hate them.

    Jim Reid, Jul 15, 2006
  12. Unlike the Netflix'ers, think it's *one* DDDVD hater we keep getting
    over and over (who keeps us post-updated on that one order he never got)--
    Have to look back, but think it's the same one.

    Derek Janssen

    Derek Janssen, Jul 15, 2006
  13. Film Buff

    SRT Guest

    Having inaccurate availability info on their web sites has always been a
    characteristic of both the DVD and CD sites. If you are in a hurry for
    something and are willing to spend a little more, you just need to order
    from someone else. Otherwise you are just going to have to put up with the
    occasional poorer service from DDDVD.

    srt

    SRT, Jul 15, 2006
  14. Agreed! I'd say the dddvd haters is nothing but an urban myth compared
    to the real escapades of dvdsoon haters. If someone came up to me and
    said dvdsoon ripped them off I'd believe their story over a ddd hater
    one anyday.

    littlejoeflub, Jul 18, 2006
  15. Is DVDSoon still around, or am I thinking of DVDPacific that went
    under?--Which was the Canadian one?

    (And Canadian posters, and international shipping, explaining most of
    other readers' frustration about, "Well, geez, why *don't* they just use
    DDDVD by now?")

    Derek Janssen

    Derek Janssen, Jul 18, 2006
  16. Film Buff

    Sean O'Hara Guest

    In the Year of the Dog, the Great and Powerful Brightman declared:
    If you use DVD Price Search, you'll see that DVD Pacific generally
    has the cheapest price *per title*, but once shipping is factored
    in, they're third or fourth.

    Plus there was that incident where their customer database was
    hacked and credit card numbers stolen.

    If you absolutely won't use DDD, go with DVD Empire.

    --
    Sean O'Hara | http://diogenes-sinope.blogspot.com
    Fry: I'm never going to get used to the 31st Century. Caffeinated

    Sean O'Hara, Jul 19, 2006
  17. Usually, the only ones cheap enough to compete with DDDVD on big boxsets
    is Amazon (once the free shipping on $25+ items is factored in)--
    But, the shipping tends to be slow, waits faithfully for street date or
    *later* before shippping, and overpacks it in odd-sized boxes.

    Derek Janssen

    Derek Janssen, Jul 19, 2006