  1. finding z0

    finding z0 Guest

    Don't wanna go on and on and on and have no response.........

    finding z0, Sep 22, 2006

  2. finding z0

    dadiOH Guest

    What - succinctly - is your question?

    --

    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

    dadiOH, Sep 22, 2006

  3. finding z0

    finding z0 Guest

    I've been using the program successfully for several months to record
    and export as mp3 files. I would would like to be able to record stuff
    and have audacity either save the file, or stop recording when, say I'm
    asleep several hours later. If you shut off the computer, you lose the
    wave? file and are left with the thousand snippets. I don't know how to
    recover those into a wave? It seems the choice is to let the computer
    record,say all nite, even after the file you're recording is done,
    filing your HD with nothing? snippets? Or having a timer shut off your
    system and losing the wave? file. Of course, there may a utility in the
    program I'm missing. I try not to RTFM.....not succint, but perhaps
    clear...??

    finding z0, Sep 22, 2006
  4. finding z0

    finding z0 Guest

    I've been using the program successfully for several months to record
    and export as mp3 files. I would would like to be able to record stuff
    and have audacity either save the file, or stop recording when, say I'm

    asleep several hours later. If you shut off the computer, you lose the
    wave? file and are left with the thousand snippets. I don't know how to

    recover those into a wave? It seems the choice is to let the computer
    record,say all nite, even after the file you're recording is done,
    filling your HD with nothing? snippets? Or having a timer shut off your

    finding z0, Sep 22, 2006
  5. finding z0

    dadiOH Guest

    You need a "time scheduled" recorder. Audiograbber is one...
    http://www.audiograbber.com-us.net/

    --

    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

    dadiOH, Sep 22, 2006
  6. finding z0

    finding z0 Guest

    My main interest is grabbing streaming audio. I don't read anything in
    this program that suggests it will do this. Cheers and thanks

    finding z0, Sep 23, 2006
  7. finding z0

    dadiOH Guest

    It will record anything you can hear on your computer...File - Line in
    sampling.

    --

    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

    dadiOH, Sep 23, 2006
  8. finding z0

    finding z0 Guest

    I'll give it a try. Thanks again!!

    finding z0, Sep 23, 2006
  9. finding z0

    finding z0 Guest

    Installed it. d/l loaded the Lame dll. Did a quick recording/mp3
    conversion. Sounded static ee. Had to run out and do other things.
    Playing with it when I can.

    finding z0, Sep 25, 2006
  10. finding z0

    dadiOH Guest

    Running a software CPU cooler perchance?

    --

    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

    dadiOH, Sep 25, 2006
  11. finding z0

    finding z0 Guest

    Temp monitor, but no cooler. I'm not sure about some of the settings in
    AG for MP3's. I directed it to lame as an external mp3 encoder. Another
    button wants to know if it can use it as an internal decoder. I said
    yes. Tried it later as a no. Don't think there was a difference. Other
    settings were default I assume. Can't remember them all. I think it
    used win media player to play the mp3.

    finding z0, Sep 25, 2006
  12. finding z0

    dadiOH Guest

    Try recording with it off.
    __________
    It (and most all) will use whatever your default "open" program is for
    MP3s.

    --

    dadiOH

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...