Anybody using a Corega router?

Discussion in 'Network Routers' started by Al, Feb 10, 2007.

  1. Al

    Al Guest

    Hello,

    Corega is a Japanese maker, but perhaps someone reading this is using
    one of their products. If you do, here is a question:

    How do you change the login and password for your router from the
    default?

    With the router I have at hand there is no "save settings" button in the
    first settings panel, and thus there seems to be no way to change the
    default sttings (this looks, of course, like something is wrong).

    If one does not change these settings (no password is needed with the
    default setting) then the router won't accept the WAN setup information
    (a somewhat sensible approach to prevent users from setting up a network
    with default access privileges to the router).

    TIA for any hints...

    Al

    Al, Feb 10, 2007

  2. I just looked at the manual and it looks to me like there are save buttons
    in many of the menu options look here:

    http://www.alliedtelesis-corega.com/upload/Router/BARSD/manual/CEE_BARSD_QIG_Rev1.pdf

    HTH

    KK

    Kaptain Krunch, Feb 10, 2007

  3. One other thing, it said setting after save dont take place unless you
    reboot router.

    KK

    Kaptain Krunch, Feb 10, 2007
  4. Al

    Al Guest

    Great... thanks for the URL!

    Although the layout is somewhat different, the functions are basically
    the same, except that the router at hand does not have a "logout" button
    at all - instead it has a "reboot" button in that position (lower left).

    With the router I was looking at there were, indeed, "save" buttons in
    all the menus with user adjustable entries - except in the menu where,
    among other things, user_id and password are entered.

    Anyway, even though we are dealing with routers here that have all their
    menus in Japanese, this manual is a great resource - after all the
    information required to set up a router is pretty much the same across
    all types.

    Yesterday the owner of the router I was looking took it into the shop.
    They checked it out and told him it was not working properly (like what
    he had told me: a week ago it had suddenly stopped working). They
    suggested a possible firmware problem and gave him a free replacement,
    which is working OK, I heard, so I am off the hook this time. ;-)

    Thanks again for the info!

    Al

    Al, Feb 13, 2007