    did not happen in prior versions. The bright flash of white
    background seems to be mostly absent during normal use.

    Thanks.

    John Doe, Aug 11, 2011

  2. John Doe

    jeff g. Guest

    got an old video card?
    either way, try disabling hardware acceleration on your computer.

    going back to sleep now - zzzzz

    jeff g., Aug 13, 2011

  3. John Doe

    John Doe Guest

    It's not state-of-the-art, but it's not old. You can find a list
    of my hardware in (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt).
    It's a color (white), not a glitch. Naturally you won't notice it
    if you use a white background.

    And while we're on the subject... I think using a white background
    is a mistake. Microsoft has misled us, and apparently the masses
    think that white is the appropriate background color for text. But
    looking at a light emitting source with black text on it is like
    reading on the surface of a lightbulb. The history comes from
    white paper with black print. But white paper does not emit light,
    it reflects light. And white print was difficult to come by until
    the advent of machinery. Hold a white piece of paper up to your
    bright white monitor screen and you can clearly see the
    difference. That's why I use white text on a black background.
    Fortunately, that became reasonably easy to do with Windows XP.
    Nowadays, white text on a black background works unless your
    programs are poorly written.

    In my estimation, there is a small possibility that white text on
    a black background is worse than reading text on the surface of
    the lightbulb, but that don't make sense to me.

    John Doe, Aug 14, 2011
  4. John Doe

    jeff g. Guest

    I'm not talking a glitch - newer releases make more use of hardware
    acceleration which can be detrimental on older machines which flood out
    when you step on the gas...

    jeff g., Aug 14, 2011
  5. John Doe

    John Doe Guest

    The momentary white background problem went away. Currently using
    Firefox 6.

    John Doe, Aug 21, 2011