    In fact now that I think on it a little I do not recall having seen a
    lot of the better stuff Barbara Eden has starred in out on DVD, which
    seems strange as she was and still is very popular?

    tabernacle2002, May 6, 2005

  2. tabernacle2002

    jayembee Guest

    Keep in mind that the biggest reason that BEWITCHED is getting a DVD release
    is because of its cross-promotional value with the feature film that's being
    released.

    Which brings us to IDOJ. Since there are plans for a new feature film based on
    *that* show, as well (in 2006), we're likely going to see a DVD release of the
    original series as a tie-in that it.

    In other words, don't hold your breath.
    Trust me. The amount of TV series from that period being released isn't even as
    large as a smidgen.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, May 8, 2005

  3. Yah, when oh when will we see "It's about Time" (It's about Space,
    it's about a far-away long-ago place,) "My Living Doll" with Julie
    Newmayer or especially "My World and Welcome to it" a genuinely
    literate piece of sitcom art? - Probably as full-series sets. "My
    Favourite Martian" and "Dark Shadows" are being well taken care of...
    No, I would NOT want to see "My Mother the Car!".

    ... Steve ..

    Steve(JazzHunter), May 8, 2005
  4. tabernacle2002

    Big Boy Guest

    I'm still waiting for the Quinn-Martin Productions from the 60's -
    particularly "The Fugitive" and "The Invaders".

    BB

    Big Boy, May 8, 2005
  5. tabernacle2002

    JAM Guest

    Yes, I want "The Invaders"

    JAM, May 8, 2005
  6. tabernacle2002

    jayembee Guest

    So do I. Also:

    THE DEFENDERS
    THE MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E.
    THE GREEN HORNET
    HONEY WEST
    T.H.E. CAT

    and a whole host of others.

    Given the popularity of the LAW & ORDER franchise, I'm surprised that the
    "original L&O" -- ARREST & TRIAL -- hasn't been dusted off for DVD release.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, May 9, 2005
  7. tabernacle2002

    Dick Sidbury Guest

    Have you seen any episodes of the man from uncle in the past 10 years?
    It was one of my favorite shows when it first aired, but I saw it 10
    years ago or so, and thought that it had NOT aged well at all.

    dick
    -- but I'd take any of the others except Honey West, which I didn't like
    at the time.

    Dick Sidbury, May 9, 2005
  8. tabernacle2002

    jayembee Guest

    Yes, I have. I have both 8-episode LD boxed sets, plus the Region 2 DVD set of
    five of the feature-film versions. While the show does seem dated, I still think
    it's a hell of a lot of fun.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, May 9, 2005
  9. tabernacle2002

    Ranger Jack Guest

    I would love to see "The Invaders" on DVD as well. That was just a
    1-season show, right? I hate it when first seasons of a treasured show
    are released to DVD, and you rush out and buy it and then wonder when,
    or IF, they are ever going to release subsequent seasons. Obviously
    the success of a show's Season 1 sales determines if later seasons get
    released, but sometimes it seems cruel to have a nicely boxed Season 1
    of a show and wonder if you will ever get to see anymore.

    To add to that wish list of 60's shows I'd like to see come out on DVD:
    1) Batman
    2) The Mothers-in-Law
    3) McHale's Navy

    Also, since "Dallas", and now "Dynasty", are out on DVD, wouldn't it be
    a hoot if they released the granddaddy of all nighttime soaps, the one
    that sort of started it all? By this I mean, "Peyton Place". I seem
    to vaguely remember that 1/2 hour show being on either 2 or 3 nights a
    week, and that it ran for 4 or 5 years, no?. I know the 2 theatrical
    movies are out on DVD, but wouldn't it be a blast to see some of those
    old TV episodes starring Barbara Parkins, Ryan O'Neal, and Mia Farrow??

    Ranger Jack

    Ranger Jack, May 9, 2005
  10. tabernacle2002

    Rob Guest

    It may have been longer than 1 season. I have the entire run on DVD-R and
    there are 43 one hour episodes.

    Rob
    Canada

    Rob, May 9, 2005
  11. tabernacle2002

    JAM Guest

    It was a two season show, consisting of the 43 episodes mentioned above.

    JAM, May 9, 2005
  12. tabernacle2002

    jayembee Guest

    Two seasons. It had a mid-season debut in January 1967, so the first season ran
    for only 17 episodes, and then there was a 26-ep second season.
    McHALE'S NAVY, yes.
    BATMAN, no (never liked it even as a kid)
    Never watched the THE MOTHERS-IN-LAW.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, May 9, 2005
  13. tabernacle2002

    Big Boy Guest

    I believe it ran for two seasons (67-68?), with a follow up "made for
    TV" movie in 1995 starring Scott Bakula and Richard Thomas (with a cameo
    by Roy Thinnes).

    BB

    Big Boy, May 9, 2005
  14. tabernacle2002

    Big Boy Guest

    I always thought that Batman was hilarious! Adam West never took it
    seriously and had a ball "hamming it up"!

    Also, we got to see Julie Newmar and Lee Merriweather in those tight cat
    suits - always a pleasure.

    BB

    Big Boy, May 9, 2005
  15. tabernacle2002

    jayembee Guest

    Perhaps, but I didn't enjoy it.
    True dat. And Yvonne Craig,

    However, contrary to popular belief, Lee Meriweather never played Catwoman on
    the TV series. She appeared once on the series as a moll to whoever was the
    Guest Villain that week, but she appeared as Catwoman only in the feature film.

    Aside from Julie Newmar, Catwoman was played on the series by Eartha Kitt.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, May 9, 2005
  16. Also, every generation has one "accidental" mass-market TV introduction
    to the idea that Comic-Book Superheroes Are Cool:

    We may laugh at those growing up in the 50's thinking of pudgy George
    Reeves as Superman (so, no Braniac or Bizarro, he just goes after
    B-serial bank robbers?)...
    We may not understand why a late-70's Saturday-morning cult sprang up
    around the Superfriends or why we were so glued to watching Lynda
    Carter, before the Christopher Reeve Superman came along...
    Or even what the attraction of the Powerpuff Girls was to 90's girls or
    the Incredibles are to current 8-10-yo. boys...

    ....Until we realize that we were once there ourselves, and our first
    eye-opening introduction to DC Joker or Catwoman canon came through
    Cesar Romero and Julie Newmar--What, it was suppsed to be CAMPY?? 0_0

    (And forgotten props go out to Neil "Commissioner Gordon" Hamilton for
    playing it so determinedly straight--
    If he had camped it up too, the whole mess would've fallen apart at the
    seams, but his dogged dignity gave it just enough class to buy into.) :)

    Derek Janssen

    Derek Janssen, May 9, 2005
  17. tabernacle2002

    Jay Stewart Guest

    I'm not as anxious as others to see Eartha Kitt in the Cat Suit.

    Jay Stewart, May 10, 2005
  18. Jumpin Jehoshaphat...they got some nerve remaking TV Classics like
    Bewitched and IDOJ into movies?

    Whats next Gilligans Island and Green Acres???

    The only way those to remakes would be funny is if they can get George
    W Bush for both lead roles?

    Can you just picture in your minds eye Georgie in the Gilligan hat
    yelling Skipper or having George and his wife down on Green Acres (heck
    he can even use his own ranch for the set) doing things like trying to
    milk a Stallion (like his wife said he tried to do in real life at that
    dinner)?

    Although come to think if it gets me the IDOJ series on dvd then they
    can remake it, as I can always ignore the movie like I did (for
    example) that retarded movie they made based on The Avenger's series!

    tabernacle2002, May 10, 2005
  19. tabernacle2002

    Big Boy Guest

    I deliberately left out Eartha Kitt for that very reason - definitely
    not my cup of tea!

    I'm surprised to learn that Lee Meriweather never played Catwoman in the
    TV series. I thought that she did. It's funny the tricks that almost 40
    year memories will play on you - I guess! I must have seen the feature
    film more times than I thought!

    BB

    Big Boy, May 10, 2005
  20. I want THE GIRL FROM UNCLE. I'd settle for Stephanie Powers, though.

    Bill Cosby's sitcom would be nice.

    Michael Alan Chary, May 10, 2005