    Is there any way to remove dead and stuck pixels on a camera LCD?

    Mine's got a black one, a green one, and one that is a different color
    depending on the angle you look at it.

    Guest, Oct 9, 2008

  2. I am afraid this is a hardware failure, so unless you plan to replace
    the LCD panel itself, you have to live with it.

    However, please recheck the warranty conditions of the camera vendor,
    maybe you might give it a try and claim a guarantee repair (usually OK
    for i.e. computer LCDs).

    Martin Sahula, Oct 9, 2008

  3. Guest

    Nervous Nick Guest

    There is indeed a way to remove these stuck and dead pixels.
    Unfortunately it involves using unimaginably small forceps and almost
    superhuman hand-eye coordination, not to mention a very steady hand.
    Moreover, AFAIK, nobody is manufacturing individual replacement
    pixels.

    Then again, you could try shaking the camera vigorously, and maybe
    bang on it a couple of times.

    Seriously, though: As Martin notes, if the camera is not under
    warranty, you are most likely SOL unless you want to go and replace
    the whole LCD. Of course, it never hurts to contact the manufacturer
    and try to squeeze some sympathy from them. Hey, it could happen!

    I have to ask, though: Is a couple of dead pixels really that much of
    a distraction, or merely an annoyance? It's not like they are
    duplicated in your shots, is it?

    Nervous Nick, Oct 9, 2008
  4. Guest

    ray Guest

    How about a 3/8" drill?

    ray, Oct 10, 2008
  5. Overkill.

    I suggest a paperpunch and black, plastic electrical tape.

    Allodoxaphobia, Oct 10, 2008
  6. Acetylene torch and burn it out?

    --
    Christopher A. Young