    What software and steps should I follow to process the pic ?

    Thanks,

    Mario

    Mario, Jan 4, 2005

  2. Mario

    Dps Guest

    rotate the TV set instead?!? ;-D

    Dps, Jan 4, 2005

  3. Mario

    Hunt Guest

    Mario,

    If I understand the question/problem correctly, the answer is basically no.
    One has to consider the aspect ratio of the image's intended use. The same
    thing happens when one shoots a vertical image, which is to be projected onto
    a horizontal screen. You either loose top, and/or bottom due to crop, if you
    fill the horizontal, or you have blank space on one/both sides, if you fill
    the heigth of the screen. It's like shooting a building with a 1:15 aspect
    ratio, and wanting to fill an 8x10 (4:5 aspect ratio) page, crop out
    foreground and sky, but not have borders - it cannot be done. You will always
    have a 1:15 within the 4:5. Frame your images for the aspect ratio of your TV,
    which will always be horizontal, unless you take Dps' suggestion of turning
    your TV on its side, which is not usually recommended. :-}

    Hunt

    Hunt, Jan 4, 2005
  4. Mario

    ZONED! Guest

    ROTFL!

    ZONED!, Jan 4, 2005
  5. Mario

    stewy Guest

    The only effective way is to crop the vertical picture into horizontal
    format of at least to a square image.

    Of course you could get a bigger TV...

    stewy, Jan 18, 2005
  6. Mario

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Anyone who is displaying digital pictures on a TV doesn't care much for
    resolution anyway.

    Ron Hunter, Jan 19, 2005
  7. REally! Got HD?

    John McWilliams, Jan 19, 2005
  8. The highest resolution available with an HD signal is about 2 megapixels
    (1920x1080). But most "HD" TV sets can't display that, they're usually
    limited to 720 scan lines. That will display 720P format at full
    resolution, but not 1080i.

    So most "HD" TVs are equivalent to less than 1 megapixel, while the very
    best are 2 megapixels. Neither will show all the information in a 3 MP
    or larger digital camera image.

    Dave

    Dave Martindale, Jan 19, 2005
  9. Of course if you want a 9.2MPix display, there's always the IBM T221:

    http://www-132.ibm.com/webapp/wcs/s...d=-840&langId=-1&partNumber=9503DG5&storeId=1

    Cheers,
    David

    David J Taylor, Jan 19, 2005
  10. Mario

    RSD99 Guest

    At $8,399 each ... has anyone used one of these for Photo Editing?

    RSD99, Jan 19, 2005
  11. Mario

    JPS Guest

    JPS, Jan 19, 2005
  12. Any LCD display with analog inputs probably has an internal frame
    buffer, with the incoming video being digitized into the buffer
    asynchronously from the display. It sounds like the actual display
    update rate is 48 Hz.

    By the way, 31 kHz is listed as the *minimum* horizontal refresh rate.
    That probably means the analog input circuitry simply won't lock below
    that frequency. It's not a maximum rate.

    Dave

    Dave Martindale, Jan 20, 2005