    Any way to work around this without buying new software?

    Thanks and Greetings from Germany -

    Ralf

    Ralf Schmode, Jun 17, 2005

  2. Ralf Schmode

    Neil Ellwood Guest

    Have a look at www.bibblelabs.com

    Neil Ellwood, Jun 17, 2005

  3. Ralf Schmode

    Bill Hilton Guest

    A pal of mine has the 350D but the in-box converting software, when set
    This sounds odd ... try a different RAW converter like Capture One (you
    can try it free for 45 days total and they have a German Forum for
    asking questions) or RSE from Pixmantec, which is free right now ...
    both do 16 bit conversions and both are better than the Canon software.

    Bill Hilton, Jun 17, 2005
  4. Ralf Schmode

    Marius Guest

    Marius, Jun 17, 2005
  5. andre.gunther, Jun 17, 2005
  6. That sounds quite odd... A bit like the tiff 16-bit abilities of your
    "old" software is not fully compatible with the 16-bit idea of Canon
    software.

    A first try could be to just open and re-save your 16btiff file with a
    simple and free editor (mostly a viewer I must say ;o) like IrfanView.

    The overkilling solution : personally, I'm very glad of photoshopCS and
    its integrated RAW converter (ie I'm very glad my company borrowed it
    for me ;o)...

    In the middle, there are a few other RAW converters other than canon's
    one, I especially think of DCRaw and its avatars
    http://www.cybercom.net/~dcoffin/dcraw/ (see the beginning of the FAQ
    for executables) - I heard much good about it but didn't try for the
    above reason ;o).

    GrĂ¼ssen von der anderen Seite des Rheins!
    Nicolas

    nikojorj_jaimepaslapub, Jun 19, 2005