    getting a different one so I have something to compare with.

    Even if the PC is faulty then why should the hub crash?

    Any suggestions?

    MB, Oct 16, 2014

  2. MB

    Mark Guest

    How are you connecting each device to the network (wireless, wired)?
    How many devices do you have connected at a time?
    Do you have the latest firmware installed on the HH5?
    What do BT have to say about the problem?
    I'd suggest trying a different modem/router. There are quite a few
    similar reports to yours so maybe it is an inherent problem with the
    HH5.

    Mark, Oct 17, 2014

  3. MB

    MB Guest

    That is why I am considering just buying a spare one so I have something
    to compare with. It is the only part of the chain I cannot eliminate.

    MB, Oct 17, 2014
  4. MB

    Phil W Lee Guest

    Billion BiPAC 8800NL
    Handles all flavours of xDSL or can even repurpose an ethernet port as
    WAN, to route through another modem.
    Well supported by monitoring software, so you can keep track of line
    stats, speeds and error rates.
    And a good range of firewalling and parental control options.
    It's vectoring ready, and does profiles up to 17a.

    Phil W Lee, Oct 17, 2014
  5. MB

    Mark Guest

    I've just bought one of these. What monitoring software do you
    recommend?

    Mark, Oct 18, 2014
  6. MB

    Phil W Lee Guest

    HG612 Modem stats viewer & settings editor is the GUI I use (written
    by Ronski, on the Kitz forum -
    http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php?board=46.0 ), which manages the
    scripts which collect the actual stats and collate them (written by
    Bald_Eagle1 on the same forum).
    If you ever need to support remote users, this combination will also
    connect to and update the MyDSLWebstats site, which will allow you to
    monitor the behaviour of a line even if you aren't actually on it.

    Phil W Lee, Oct 20, 2014
  7. MB

    Brian Mc Guest

    : >Any suggestions?
    : >
    : Billion BiPAC 8800NL
    : Handles all flavours of xDSL or can even repurpose an ethernet port as
    : WAN, to route through another modem.

    Seems to be 2.4GHz only as I read the specs. If so I personally would
    want dual-band!

    Brian Mc, Oct 20, 2014