Any users of the PrintFix from ColorVision (Pantone)

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by BobS, Jan 11, 2005.

  1. BobS

    BobS Guest

    After reading and researching a lot of info on color management, going
    through a lot of paper, ink and frustration over it all - it's time to find
    a better way.....

    Actually, I'm getting some pretty good prints from my Canon i9900 after
    doing the monitor alignment with the Spyder puck. Using the Kodak Ultra
    paper and the profile Kodak provides for this printer work reasonably well.
    But with other papers that I don't have any profiles for (Epson, Ilford
    (found some) and GP) I'm getting only fair results and can see it will take
    a lot of putzin around to build a profile for each type of paper. Add the
    potential for using bulk ink down the line and it's another variable to play
    with.

    ColorVision has the PrintFix hardware / software combo and I was wondering
    if there were any users out there that would care to comment about it's
    usability - or have a better solution to offer.

    Thanks,

    Bob S.

    BobS, Jan 11, 2005