    that twisting action today?

    Thanks,
    Chuck

    c mateland, May 24, 2007

  2. c mateland

    bluezfolk Guest

    You might have to settle for a twist screen on a Canon. I've found
    they come in very handy for taking photos in unlikely places.

    bluezfolk, May 24, 2007

  3. c mateland

    c mateland Guest

    Do you know a model number?

    Thanks.

    c mateland, May 24, 2007
  4. c mateland

    ASAAR Guest

    Realizing that they're twist/rotate LCD displays, not bodies, look
    into Canon's S3 IS, S5 IS, A620, A630, A640, etc. The S3 IS, A620
    and A630 are older models. I got a new A620 back around last Dec.,
    and some might still be available new somewhere if you look hard
    enough. As may be recognizable from the names, the S3 IS and S5 IS
    have Image Stabilization and probably the best video recording. The
    A6xx models have amazingly long battery life. With them, unless
    everything you shoot uses the flash, rechargeable batteries aren't
    needed. Plain old cheap alkaline AA batteries can last over 1,000
    shots per set, and NiMH rechargeables up to about 1,600 shots per
    charge.

    ASAAR, May 24, 2007
  5. I'm not sure if this is the same, but the Sony 707/717 had an articulated
    lens/body arrangement (you hold onto the large lens and the body with both
    VFs, the main controls, and the grip would bend up or down for high or
    low angle shooting. BTW, I may want to sell my 707 (wonderful imager,
    with a great "Zeiss" f2-2.6 lens).

    David Ruether, May 24, 2007
  6. c mateland

    c mateland Guest

    Those look very interesting and might do the trick. Thanks.

    I like too that they have a wide spread of prices. I'm looking for
    this camera to be under $300 for what I'm using it for. I'll look into
    it deeper and post follow up questions should they arise.

    Thanks again.

    c mateland, May 24, 2007