    What is everyone using now?
    Thanks in advance everyone!
    Chris

    Steve & Chris Clark, Oct 27, 2003

  2. Steve & Chris Clark

    Ionizer Guest

    The RIAA lawsuit stuff you have been hearing about doesn't affect us here in
    Canada. So no need to give up on Kazaa (Lite, I hope!) yet. Read this for
    fun: http://techcentralstation.com/081803C.html "the Canadian Copyright Act
    expressly allows exactly the sort of copying which is at the base of the P2P
    revolution."

    Regards,
    Ian.

    Ionizer, Oct 27, 2003

  3. Steve & Chris Clark

    Petit Alexi Guest

    I use the mp3 groups.

    Petit Alexi, Oct 27, 2003
  4. could you be more specific as to which you like the best?....do you pay a
    subscription fee?

    there is a new site that is taking off like wildfire and is overloaded with
    many more hits than they had anticipated. Does anyone know what that site
    is called?
    thanks

    Steve & Chris Clark, Oct 27, 2003
  5. I'll have a look at this and thanks very much.

    Steve & Chris Clark, Oct 27, 2003
  6. Steve & Chris Clark

    Petit Alexi Guest

    I use the mp3 Usenet newsgroups.

    This site has lots of info:
    <http://www.mp3-faq.org/>

    Petit Alexi, Oct 27, 2003
  7. Steve & Chris Clark

    Ionizer Guest

    You may be thinking of the Ozzie Osborne F*****G Sharer:
    http://galileo.spaceports.com/~starbug/ and I'm not sure if it's real or
    not. I read a description of it in another newsgroup, including these gems:
    "To search, you simply input the name of the file and hit the "Get me
    F*****G Files Now" button." After locating files you want, you press the
    "Give Me What You Got You Greedy F****R" button. An auto speed increase
    feature reportedly sends a message every 30 seconds saying "F**K me is that
    the best speed you can manage?"

    In the meantime, have a look at the binaries newsgroups as "Petit Alexi" has
    mentioned. Another good binaries primer: http://www.slyck.com/ng.php
    Outlook Express isn't really up to the task of binaries music downloading.
    I use and recommend this freeware: http://xnews.newsguy.com/ You're using
    Sprint so you should get really fast downloads from the binaries newsgroups.
    The quality and bitrates of the music files in the binaries consistently
    puts Kazaa files to shame.

    Let me know if you have any problems with XNews.

    Regards,
    Ian.

    Ionizer, Oct 27, 2003
  8. thanks very much Ian......

    Steve & Chris Clark, Oct 27, 2003
  9. There is a new site that opened up to the public that one can pay per song
    download and apparently it is successful. So much that they had to close
    down and redesign because there were so many hits and sign ups that they
    overloaded. Is this site ringing a bell with anyone?
    Thanks.

    Steve & Chris Clark, Oct 28, 2003
  10. Steve & Chris Clark

    Harrison Guest

    mp3.com
    itunes.com

    But I think the one that you are referring to is run by buy.com.
    As I recall, they started, had a few glitches, then restarted.

    Harrison, Oct 28, 2003
  11. Steve & Chris Clark

    Spirit Guest

    iTunes 4.1.1 for Windows by Apple works well. $0.99 per song. Some albums
    are $9.99, some are more. You can share the music with 3 machines and copy
    to at least 10 CDs before have the rearrange the playlist, whereas you can
    burn 10 more.

    BuyMusic.com was a cheap knock off of iTunes Music Store

    Napster 2.0 should be out or will be out by the end of the month.

    HTH

    -S

    Spirit, Oct 28, 2003
  12. Steve & Chris Clark

    Petit Alexi Guest

    emusic, which used to give unlimited downloads at a tenner a month but has
    switched to 65 downloads for the same price?

    <http://www.emusic.com/pitch.html>

    Petit Alexi, Oct 28, 2003