    I'm plaing on installating SATA RAID 0. I heard there were some problems
    doing SATA RAID on Windows 2000 with NVIDIA chip set, are there any problems
    in XP 64?

    Guest, Aug 24, 2005

  2. NTFS.

    Colin Barnhorst MVP, Aug 24, 2005

  3. Guest

    Ted Guest

    Should i be going all NTFS or FAT32?

    FAT32 the way to go if 37 GB a partition
    is enough for you.
    80 GB SATA would have to be partitioned to 37.2 GB each.

    I have both XP 32 and XP 64 on the same computer,
    but I use Mobile Rack instead of dual boot, simply insert
    the drive I want to boot from.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817121114
    Why are you going RAID 0 ?
    Might need SATA drivers when installing.

    Ted, Aug 24, 2005
  4. 1.) NTFS. For a whole range of reasons, but primarily security and
    stability.
    2.) Why RAID 0? You _do_ understand that it actually _increases_ your
    exposure to a catastrophic hard drive failure and loss of data.
    3.) Which mobo? Please take the time to read through some of the threads
    here to save yourself some pain.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 24, 2005
  5. Guest

    Ted Guest

    but primarily security

    What security ?
    Windows getting million attacks daily, I don't see
    NTFS playing any security roll.
    Maybe local restriction security for Network administrators,
    but no more.

    Ted, Aug 24, 2005
  6. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Aug 24, 2005
  7. Guest

    Barb Bowman Guest

    Barb Bowman, Aug 24, 2005
  8. Guest

    Rick Guest

    Apparently there are those that use it. Other than wasting hard drive
    space, I don't think it has any characteristics that make it useful in
    the NT environment. I use one small FAT32 partition for compatibility
    purposes only, but nothing else.

    Rick, Aug 24, 2005
  9. Yup. And the only reason to keep it is to use their imaging software which
    is both too stupid to do NTFS, and doesn't work in x64 anyway.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 24, 2005