Any recommendations (optical zoom, adjustable shutter/aperture)

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Curtis Desjardins, Apr 16, 2004.

  1. I'm looking for a DC that fits my needs, yet have no idea where to
    look first.

    First (and most important) is a good optical zoom. The usual 3x OZ is
    useless to me, as is DZ. And since I plan on using it for sports shots
    mostly, I want to be able to adjust the shutter speed to avoid any
    blurry action shots.

    Those are a must, but following is just a bonus; Adjustable aperture,
    Macro ability, and (if possible) a way to shoot off a burst of several
    shots with one touch of the button.

    There particular models out there that have (some of) these functions?

    There any websites where I can plug in the specs of what I need, and
    have it come back with some possible candidates?

    Any help, or pointers/websites to where I can find some, is
    appreciated.

    Curtis.

    Curtis Desjardins, Apr 16, 2004

  2. Curtis Desjardins

    Andrew Guest

    I just bought a Dimage Z1 that seems to do everything you ask,
    although you don't specify what price/performance range yo are looking
    at.
    www.dpreview.com , www.epinions.com

    Andrew, Apr 16, 2004

  3. Curtis Desjardins

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Just offhand, the Kodak DX6490 and Olympus C750 have what you want. Try
    Google.

    Ron Hunter, Apr 16, 2004
  4. Curtis Desjardins

    Lindyhop Guest

    Have a look at the FujiFilm S3000. 3 megapixel, 6X optical zoom, EVF (electronic view finder) auto-focus, macro mode - all for $279 (Circuitcity.com ) The Olympus C-740 has 10X optical zoom and costs more like $350-$400. Read reviews on circuitcity.com and amazon.com

    Lindyhop, Apr 16, 2004
  5. It's not a factor. I've got the cash to pony up for just about
    anything I need.

    Thanks to those who offered suggestions and links. Now I just have to
    do the actual research.

    Curtis.

    Curtis Desjardins, Apr 22, 2004