    I tried oovoo.com and Skype. Both have video, and can be recorded.

    Do you recommend any inexpensive, web conferencing solutions - that
    actually work like they say?

    Zoomiest, Mar 25, 2010

  2. Zoomiest

    chuckcar Guest

    What sort of resolution are the camera you're using? What is the peak
    speed of your internet connection? If you were using just standard NTSC
    television, you'd be sending a minimum of 3.5 million 16 bit words per
    second (in fact probably 24 bit words to match the human eye's
    capabilities). That's 56 megabits (or 84 megabits for 24 bit colour) per
    second constantly the time even ignoring start and stop bits. and then
    there's sound. Compressing the images and sound will get you down to
    1/10th that possibly, but you'd still need a constant speed of at
    *least* 5Mb/s the whole time. Doing the interviews in person is the only
    reasonable way I'm afraid. Even CNN can't get real time video through
    the internet <g> and they spend big bucks on it.

    chuckcar, Mar 26, 2010