Any recommendations for a digital album software?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Robin, Jul 10, 2004.

  1. Robin

    Robin Guest

    Hello,

    I am looking for a digital photo album software. I am primarily
    interested in the ability to catalog and manage images, rather than
    modify them. In particular, I am looking for the following:
    * Ability to organize images, pref. in separate folders
    * Ability to tag, annotate and search images based on these tags
    * Ability to do group tagging ("all images that start with 52 are
    tagged as "India")
    * Ability to copy/back up images and their metadata
    * Ability to create "Albums" (not sure how else to call it) where
    Album 1 has images 1, 5 and 9, Album 2 has images 1, 2, 9 and 10, etc.

    I may have missed something, but you get the idea. I tried Adobe
    Album 2.0, and thought it was OK, but basic. Someone suggested
    iMatch, others recommend JASC or ACDSee, but I wanted to post a
    message before trying others.

    Any help is greatly appreciated.

    -R

    Robin, Jul 10, 2004