    back?
    Anyone try putting them in the printer and printing the date on the
    pictures, or any other method? Thanks.

    lbbss, Jun 16, 2005

  2. lbbss

    ASAAR Guest

    I once tried using an HP printer that could print on both sides to
    add filenames and comments to the back of prints, but it didn't work
    well. The back of most photo paper is virtual teflon, and if you
    wait days for the ink to dry, it still wipes off very smudgily at
    the slightest touch. Double sided photo paper would work, though
    the extra cost probably would make it impractical. Some of the folk
    here that are more heavily into photo printing may be aware of
    single sided photo paper that doesn't have an ink-repellant coating
    on the back side.

    ASAAR, Jun 16, 2005

  3. I would put each set of photo's in an album and have the contact sheet there
    with all the dates on, first page of the album.

    Secret Squiddle, Jun 16, 2005
  4. lbbss

    Neil Ellwood Guest

    There is the 6B method.
    Get a 6B pencil and write it on, it only needs to be on lightly and I have
    never had it make a mess yet.
    Stone age methods can work.

    Neil Ellwood, Jun 17, 2005
  5. lbbss

    Arthur Small Guest

    Get the Avery 80 to a page labels and print or write the date on each and
    affix to the back of the print.

    Arthur Small, Jun 17, 2005
  6. lbbss

    lbbss Guest

    They can put a man on the moon but they can't find an quick an easy
    method of date stamping your pictures.

    lbbss, Jun 17, 2005
  7. I found that buying an adjustable date stamp worked well ONLY if you
    let the ink sit out for a half day or more before the first use.

    Then, before any subsequent use, you let the ink sit out for an hour or
    two open to the ambient air.

    Then when I stamped the prints (on the back edges only) with the date
    and negative code, the ink wouldn't smear.

    I lost a lot of prints before I learned this method.

    It would be nice for a digital camera to place the date on a white
    border outside the print area (without reducing the effective pixel
    count) but I don't think that feature exists. (If this
    lossless-date-stamp feature exists in the future, please refer the
    manufacturer to me for the royalties due me.)

    Whacky Blacky, Jun 17, 2005
  8. lbbss

    Mike Berger Guest

    Sticky stuff eventually migrates through the paper and destroys
    the photo.

    Mike Berger, Jun 30, 2005