    anything in black. A nozzle check prints 6C and everything below. What
    ever I do there's not a trace of black on the page !!

    Anyone ?

    zxy, Jun 27, 2006

  2. Have you somehow changed (system?) settings to print text in white
    instead of black?

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Jun 27, 2006

  3. zxy

    zxy Guest

    Not that I can see. If I type a line in word, change the text color to
    red and print, it prints (in red) fine. If I then change it back to
    black, I get a blank page !

    zxy, Jun 27, 2006
  4. Try again changing the text to white, what results?

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Jun 27, 2006
  5. zxy

    Barry OGrady Guest

    Barry OGrady, Jun 27, 2006
  6. Have you got a pic you can edit and change to grey scale, I suppose you
    will come up with a similar answer, but what results?

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Jun 27, 2006
  7. My next reply would most probably have been, can you borrow another
    printer to see if that one works, ruling out a screwed system setting.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Jun 27, 2006
  8. zxy

    zxy Guest

    Humm. Ok, with the text set to white the page just slides straight out
    with the head not moving. With the text set to black you can hear the
    head going side to side so it 'thinks' it's printing something...

    zxy, Jun 27, 2006
  9. zxy

    zxy Guest

    A grey scale pic prints looks very washed out.

    Yes, I've another printer and that works fine. Also, this printer
    pluged into another pc prints the same as it does on mine. It's the
    printer that has the problem...

    zxy, Jun 27, 2006
  10. Just scrap it then.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Jun 27, 2006
  11. zxy

    Pennywise Guest

    |>Anyone come across a problem like this before ?
    |>
    |>Canon iP3000 working fine until a few weeks ago.
    |>
    |>Now won't print in black.
    |>
    |>I've changed the tank, gone through a cleaning cycle or 3. gone through
    |>the same thing with deep cleaning cycles.
    |>When printing a windows test page I get the windows logo in the top left
    |>perfectly but no text. I've gone through some of the printer forums and
    |>cleaned the head, no change. When I take the black tank off there's ink
    |>on the sponge but it's not going anywhere ?
    |>
    |>If I change the text color in word etc it'll print, but it refuses to do
    |>anything in black. A nozzle check prints 6C and everything below. What
    |>ever I do there's not a trace of black on the page !!
    |>
    |>Anyone ?

    How does the ink set into the printer? contacts against contacts? use
    some alcohol and clean both surfaces well.

    Pennywise, Jun 27, 2006
  12. zxy

    ellis_jay Guest

    Good point. And I would add to try a new cartridge, or whatever canon uses.
    Does your (OP) printer maker provide a maintenance check?

    ___Sador the carpenter to Turin
    Tolkien, The Unfinished Tales

    Ellis_Jay

    ellis_jay, Jun 27, 2006
  13. zxy

    joevan Guest

    Maybe he used the alcohol. Then cleaned both surfaces well. LOL
    Sorry, laughing at my own jokes ain't so good.
    It just hit me funny.

    joevan, Jun 27, 2006
  14. Try going into 'Paint' - form a shape in the window i.e. circle or
    square etc. then infill with black - also try white text on a colour and
    reverse process. After experimenting you will no doubt find a solution.
    You could also try this procedure out on other dtp programs.

    William Moulton, Jun 28, 2006
  15. zxy

    Bryan Guest

    Try removing print head and cleaning with alcohol had the same problem
    with a Canon ip1500 cleaned print head thourghly with alcohol and
    water and it works fine now. Hope this helps. Bryan

    Bryan, Jul 2, 2006