    Or is it another hoax?
    Cheers,
    Davy

    davy, Mar 29, 2009

  2. davy

    johnn Guest

    Hi Davy:

    Of most people who give answers here, I am probably the least
    qualified to do so.
    However, your question made me curious, and I googled "conficker"
    [which you could have done (-; ]

    I think it is a Windows problem - not a browswer problem (If I'm wrong
    here, I'm sure someone will correct me).

    One of the betst answers (IMHO) I found was here:
    http://www.pcworld.com/article/157876/protecting_against_the_rampant_conficker_worm.html

    Good Luck! Stay healthy, and remember:
    Abstinence is the best defence agains viri (sp?)!

    _________________________
    John
    _________________________

    "God is dead"
    -- Nietzsche (1844-1900)
    "Nietzsche is dead"
    -- God

    johnn, Mar 30, 2009

  3. davy

    Mike Jones Guest

    Responding to davy:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conficker

    To be accurate, the "targets the Microsoft Windows operating system" line
    should read "affects The Microsoft Windows Operating system which is
    (still, after all these years,) vunerable to such malicious coding
    attacks"

    The original wording serves to support the regularly debunked idea that
    the only reason Windows suffers with so many virus\malware\spyware
    problems is simply because it is heavily and disproportionately targeted.
    In fact, its because it is (still!) so amazingly vunerable to these
    things.

    Hope this helped.

    Further reading (FWIW)...
    http://www.linux.com/articles/42031