    i had to purchase an additional lens from Nikon or maybe some adapter
    from a panoramic software company. It would be nice if there was a
    software that didn't require any kind of adapter. Thanks.

    inquisitiveman2002, Oct 22, 2003

  2. inquisitiveman2002

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On 21 Oct 2003 17:54:57 -0700, in rec.photo.digital
    No software requires this. FWIW, I've been using Panavue Image Assembler
    with my 990 and 5700. You can find out a lot about what software is
    available at http://www.panoguide.com
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://members.cox.net/egruf
    See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
    http://members.cox.net/egruf-digicam

    Ed Ruf, Oct 22, 2003

  3. inquisitiveman2002

    Doctor K Guest

    Never heard of a lens tie-in. I use The Panarama Factory software.

    Doctor K, Oct 22, 2003
  4. There are lenses/mirrors that take a 360 degree view in one exposure and
    which do require special software to produce the panoramic image. You
    usually have to buy the software and hardware as a package deal. Some of
    these one-shot systems are described at:
    http://www.macworld.com/2002/10/reviews/panorama/

    John

    John Houghton, Oct 22, 2003
  5. inquisitiveman2002

    Mark Herring Guest

    As someone already pointed out, no SW requires you to get more
    hardware.
    I am not sure that Panoguide is up to date...

    I have just downloaded PTassembler and Panotools from Max Lyons' site
    (tawbaware). This looks like the most versatile solution. The site
    is also a very good reference on panos in general---and some good
    links........ http://www.tawbaware.com/

    -Mark
    digital photos, more and better computers,
    and never enough time to do the projects.
    Private e-mail: Just say no to No

    Mark Herring, Oct 22, 2003