Any one got a Packard bell IGO 3491 or the NEC equivalent with these specs?????

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Dooby, Oct 1, 2003.

  1. Dooby

    Dooby Guest

    AMD XP1900+ , 256MB Ram, 30GB HDD, DVD CDR combo drive.
    If so can you download this little prog WCPUID.EXE from this site
    http://www.h-oda.com/
    run it & tell me two things please????
    1. Does it tell you that the Processor has SSE enabled?????
    2. Do you still have the original factory default operating system of
    Windows XP home edition?

    Because this is the problem i have which i have already posted!
    Just tried running Premiere 7 on my laptop which has a AMD mobile 1900XP +
    cpu but it comes up saying " Adobe premiere cannot run on this computer
    because the processor does not support the SSE instruction set "
    According to AMD the cpu should have SSE but when i run a prog called
    WCPUID.exe it says it hasnt!!! There is a tweak setting that you can use to
    turn it on though with this software GREAT!!! I thought?!? I did it & it
    went straight into Premiere but the next time i rebooted it had changed its
    state back to SSE disabled!!!
    I have contacted Packard BELL (cos thats the make of my laptop & at a
    premium rate call) & all they can say is upgrade your bios (which i had
    already done!!!) reload windows xp SP1 ( which i had already done!!) still
    no joy!!
    After that they said I am sorry but i dont know!!!!
    To me its some software saying dont see the SSE but what software can i get
    or is there a registry hack to turn it on permanently??
    Thanks in advance!
    Dooby

    Dooby, Oct 1, 2003

  2. Dooby

    Doug Guest

    Go burn another doobee dooby I don't want your virus.

    Doug, Oct 1, 2003

  3. Dooby

    Dooby Guest

    Its no virus!!! do a search for WCPUID then & get it from another site!! As
    far as I know the one I downloaded didnt have one!! If you know of any other
    software to test the PC to see if its got SSE use that, I dont really care I
    just want to know if my Laptop is F*****d!!!!
    Thats all!!!
    Dooby

    Go burn another doobee dooby I don't want your virus.

    Dooby, Oct 1, 2003
  4. Dooby

    Doug Guest

    Sounds like something that may need to be turned on in BIOS or configured
    from your manufacturers setup/restore CD. Now go away, I don't run eX-Pee
    and am afraid my brain will become infected if I talk to you.

    Doug, Oct 1, 2003
  5. Dooby

    relic Guest

    You're the one who needs to go away. The group doesn't need linuxfags like
    you.

    relic, Oct 1, 2003
  6. Dooby

    MrToad Guest

    Try AIDA32 personal Edition:
    http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Reviews/r847.html
    Download:
    http://www.aida32.hu/aida-download.php?bit=32

    MrToad, Oct 1, 2003
  7. Dooby

    relic Guest

    Go hang out in COLA for that.

    relic, Oct 1, 2003
  8. Dooby

    Dooby Guest

    Thanks for the info but I am not looking for a piece of software to test my
    pc I want someone who has the same laptop to test theirs!!
    Or can you alter & save the state of SSE enable with this software???
    Cheers

    Dooby, Oct 2, 2003