    people who aren't interested in having their likeness posted or there
    are restrictions preventing it (e.g, theatre).
    i might one day. you just never know.

    Guest, Apr 17, 2014

  2. Jeffery Small

    PeterN Guest

    Does the word "and" have any meaning.
    I guess not, especially when the context of originally designed for, was
    not included in your selective reading.

    PeterN, Apr 17, 2014

  3. Jeffery Small

    PeterN Guest

    You know how to type. Does that mean you are writing the quintessential
    research paper?

    PeterN, Apr 17, 2014
  4. Jeffery Small

    PeterN Guest

    If it was that easy tutorials would not be needed.

    PeterN, Apr 17, 2014
  5. Jeffery Small

    PeterN Guest

    Let's see. You claim I am wrong, but then say the underlying ACR is the
    same, but with differences.

    PeterN, Apr 17, 2014
  6. Jeffery Small

    Guest Guest

    some people need them. others don't. you are obviously the former.

    Guest, Apr 17, 2014
  7. Jeffery Small

    Guest Guest

    the differences are minor, such as control layout, or the inclusion or
    exclusion of an esoteric feature. otherwise, it's the same and the
    parameters are the same.

    in fact, if you adjust an image in photoshop and then migrate to
    lightroom, those adjustments will be there automatically, making for a
    very simple transition.

    no steroids needed.

    Guest, Apr 17, 2014
  8. Jeffery Small

    Tony Cooper Guest

    Isn't that basically what one does in Photoshop? I rate or delete the
    images in Bridge, and then open them in PS in groups. In LR, the
    images are exported as .jpgs (or whatever), and in PS the images are
    saved as .jpgs (or whatever). I wouldn't know if PS uploads to
    Facebook or Flickr because both are a ten foot pole away.

    With baseball shots, I do use LR as you describe except for the F/F
    uploads. I use two different keywords: Baseball 2014 and Baseball
    2014D. The first is for all that kept, the second is for the ones
    I'll use on the end-of-season disk for all parents of the team
    members.

    Tony Cooper, Apr 17, 2014
  9. Jeffery Small

    Tony Cooper Guest

    thanks, but that would only show the results, not the workflow that
    created it, which is the topic of endless debates here.

    one of the main reasons i don't post pics is because they're mostly of
    people who aren't interested in having their likeness posted or there
    are restrictions preventing it (e.g, theatre).
    i might one day. you just never know.[/QUOTE]

    You might find the comments to be more fair that you might think.

    Tony Cooper, Apr 17, 2014
  10. Jeffery Small

    Tony Cooper Guest

    Tony Cooper, Apr 17, 2014
  11. Jeffery Small

    Tony Cooper Guest

    No need to. I understand it can and does streamline the workflow for
    many users. I've never argued that point.

    That does not mean that every user will gain a significant enough
    benefit from that streamlined workflow to make a difference to them.

    Tony Cooper, Apr 17, 2014
  12. Jeffery Small

    PeterN Guest

    I am ignoring his comment. Yes you can sometimes achieve the same effect
    in RGB, but it takes a lot more steps.

    PeterN, Apr 17, 2014
  13. Jeffery Small

    PeterN Guest

    Do learn to read. I have never purchased a Scott Kelby, but I own
    several and unabashedly admit that I watch a lot of web tutorials. I
    guess I am not as good an artist as you.

    PeterN, Apr 17, 2014
  14. Jeffery Small

    Guest Guest

    for photoshop, bruce fraser, katrin eismann and martin evening.

    i don't have any book recommendations for lightroom, although julianne
    kost's videos have some good tips.

    Guest, Apr 17, 2014
  15. Jeffery Small

    Guest Guest

    basically yes, but its the workflow that differs.
    i don't do the latter two either, but millions of others do.
    ok

    Guest, Apr 17, 2014
  16. Jeffery Small

    Guest Guest

    internally, but that's not the same as making a conversion of the image
    twice.

    Guest, Apr 17, 2014
  17. Jeffery Small

    Guest Guest

    i never said every single user would.

    nothing is a perfect solution for every user. it's yet another straw
    man of yours.

    Guest, Apr 17, 2014
  18. Jeffery Small

    Guest Guest

    depends on the effect and how you do it.

    plus, some effects take longer in lab.

    Guest, Apr 17, 2014
  19. Jeffery Small

    PeterN Guest

    If I took pictures, where I was asked not to, I doubt I would post them,
    either.

    PeterN, Apr 17, 2014
  20. Jeffery Small

    PeterN Guest

    I'm sure he knows that Bruce Fraser will never be up to date.

    PeterN, Apr 17, 2014