    PeterN Guest

    You obviously don't. If you did, you owuld not have made that diotic
    statement.

    PeterN, Apr 13, 2014

  2. Jeffery Small

    Guest Guest

    not what i said and complete bullshit anyway.

    lightroom does much more than photoshop does, including organization,
    exporting in various formats, creating web pages, direct upload to
    services and batch processing of images.

    photoshop does more than lightroom with retouching and extensive
    filters, which is usually not needed for the vast majority of images.
    it lacks all the above features.

    therefore, lightroom is almost always the more appropriate choice,
    eliminating multiple apps to do common tasks, which is why it's so
    incredibly popular.

    anyone who used it would understand this.

    Guest, Apr 13, 2014

  3. Jeffery Small

    Guest Guest

    once again, this isn't about *me*, it's about the apps.

    second of all, posting images doesn't prove anything one way or the
    other because the benefits of lightroom are outside of what you might
    see in an image. you would have no way of knowing whether someone spent
    10 seconds or 10 hours on an image, no matter what software they used.

    anyone who actually uses lightroom would know this.

    Guest, Apr 13, 2014
  4. Jeffery Small

    Guest Guest

    i do and it's not idiotic.

    ask those who use both apps. you won't do that because you know you'll
    have to admit you're full of shit when you get the same answers.

    Guest, Apr 13, 2014
  5. Jeffery Small

    PeterN Guest

    So now you know what I do. My original claim stands. Your statement
    about the learning curve of PC & LR could only be made either by somone
    who has not really used them, or who is a compplete bullshiter. I was
    wrong in giving you thebenefit of the doubt.

    PeterN, Apr 13, 2014
  6. Jeffery Small

    Tony Cooper Guest

    Exactly. That's why you don't know if a change to LR would leave
    someone all that extra time to do something else.

    You're making all about you because - evidently - it's improved your
    previously ineffective workflow so you think everyone else must
    benefit by doing what you say you do.

    Tony Cooper, Apr 13, 2014
  7. Jeffery Small

    Guest Guest

    maybe you are, but that wasn't the original situation and i don't know
    why you twisted it into something that was never said.

    i said lightroom is a productivity boost over photoshop, and it is. ask
    those who have used both. in fact, that's one of the reasons why it was
    originally developed.

    the gimp was never part of this, especially since the vast majority of
    gimp users are using linux and can't ever run photoshop or lightroom
    anyway. they have the fewest number of apps available. their hands are
    tied.
    lightroom and gimp are two totally different apps.

    the comparison to make is with photoshop and gimp, both image editors.

    there is no linux equivalent of lightroom.
    nope. the more photos you take the more you learn about lightroom.
    there's a lot of power user features that someone who is processing a
    few photos might never need or even know about.

    that's one characteristic of well designed software - it's easy to use
    at first, but as you become more proficient, you unleash its true
    power. it doesn't overwhelm you all at once.

    Guest, Apr 14, 2014
  8. Jeffery Small

    Guest Guest

    the original scenario was a photoshop user switching to lightroom and
    it's not a difficult transition to make.
    and a zillion more features.

    Guest, Apr 14, 2014
  9. Jeffery Small

    Guest Guest

    yes i most certainly have.

    Guest, Apr 14, 2014
  10. Jeffery Small

    Guest Guest

    no. you were just wrong, and still are.

    as i said, ask those who use both apps. they'll tell you what i'm
    telling you.

    Guest, Apr 14, 2014
  11. Jeffery Small

    Tony Cooper Guest

    What is the "burden" of features of a program that someone doesn't
    use? A burden is something that slows you down or causes you some
    inconvenience.

    PS allows working in CMYK. I've never worked in CMYK. Is it a burden
    for me to use a program that contains a feature that I don't use?

    LR does not have the "stuff" that many people do use. I think it's a
    burden to have to open a file in PS to be able to use the clone tool.
    It's a burden I'm willing to live with because of the other advantages
    of using LR, but the idea that we are burdened if there are features
    we don't use in a program is just more bullshit.

    Tony Cooper, Apr 14, 2014
  12. Jeffery Small

    Guest Guest

    the burden is with the app they do use.
    why include what isn't used? the user pays for it and the code takes up
    space even though it won't be used and it is potentially confusing if
    the user doesn't know what it's for.

    lightroom streamlines a user's workflow, which makes the user more
    productive. again, ask those who use lightroom or why adobe wrote it.
    completely wrong. statements like this shows just how little you
    understand about what lightroom does and how it works.
    so does adobe, which is why they included a clone tool in lightroom.
    again, statements like this shows just how little you understand about
    what lightroom does and how it works.

    Guest, Apr 14, 2014
  13. Jeffery Small

    Tony Cooper Guest

    If you think that the new Healing Brush features are a equal
    substitute for the Cloning Tool, then you evidently never understood
    how to use PS's Clone Tool effectively.

    Tony Cooper, Apr 14, 2014
  14. Jeffery Small

    Guest Guest

    i never said it was equal. what i said is that it works quite well in
    most situations and in many cases, it's easier and more effective.

    you haven't any understanding of how to use lightroom effectively and
    probably photoshop as well.

    Guest, Apr 14, 2014
  15. Jeffery Small

    Tony Cooper Guest

    No you didn't. That's a complete fabrication. What you would call a
    "lie". What you said was:

    "so does adobe, which is why they included a clone tool in lightroom."

    It is not a clone tool. It does not replicate what the clone tool is
    capable of. You have to dick around with it to get it to use the area
    you want it to use which makes it less effective. Useful for some
    things, but not as effective, and certainly not easier to use.

    Tony Cooper, Apr 14, 2014
  16. Jeffery Small

    Guest Guest

    you'd better tell adobe that.

    <http://www.image-space.com/Lightroom_Tips_Tricks/Develop_Module_Tips/cl
    one_heal_tools/files/switch_clone_heal.jpg>
    wrong again. it's *you* who needs to dick around with it.

    the rest of the world doesn't because in nearly all situations, what
    lightroom does is faster and easier to use.

    and since when do you even use lightroom to edit images? are you still
    doing it all in photoshop and then using lightroom just to catalog it?

    Guest, Apr 14, 2014
  17. Jeffery Small

    Guest Guest

    It is not the equal of the PS clone tool, but it is there and when used
    judiciously it works. Once you have used it and understand when it
    works and when it doesn't, it is reasonably easy to work with. You just
    have to understand when you should move to PS as an external editor.
    For complex cloning, patching, and where the content aware features
    have to come into their own, LR cannot compete. However, for most
    editing it does just fine.[/QUOTE]

    not only does it do just fine, but it is easier to use.

    the edge cases can always be round-tripped to photoshop, but those are
    very rare.

    Guest, Apr 14, 2014
  18. Jeffery Small

    Tony Cooper Guest

    not only does it do just fine, but it is easier to use.

    the edge cases can always be round-tripped to photoshop, but those are
    very rare.[/QUOTE]

    An "edge case" seems to be anything that can't be done easily and
    effectively in whatever program nospam is flogging today. A "rare"
    case seems to be anything that can't be done that nospam doesn't want
    to admit that many people want to do.

    Tony Cooper, Apr 14, 2014
  19. Jeffery Small

    Guest Guest

    You don't have to preach to the choir. I use LR5 + PS CC, my transition
    to LR for performing the bulk of my adjustments/edits started with LR4.
    Now I only make the round trip to PS and back when there is an absolute
    need for PS tools and/or features.[/QUOTE]

    same here, but certain people just don't get it.
    yep.

    as i said, more productive.

    Guest, Apr 14, 2014
  20. Jeffery Small

    Guest Guest

    you don't have to learn every single one of them, but they're there if
    you need or want any of them, something a gimp user will not have.

    Guest, Apr 14, 2014