    become dissatisfied with the look of my work, I certainly would feel
    free to try other suggestions. Indeed Topaz InFocus uses a deconvolution
    algorithm, for sharpening.

    PeterN, Apr 13, 2014

  2. Jeffery Small

    Sandman Guest

    That's the point, isn't it? nospam is making that very point with LIghtroom
    - that it offers a signifcant speed increase to the workflow.

    nospam
    "why spend more time than necessary doing something?"

    You replied with:

    Eric Stevens
    "Why learn a new way of doing something when you can laready
    do it without much apparent difficulty?"

    So if your old operating system and old computer did stuff without "much
    apparant difficulty", why did uou update it? And your response: Because it
    offers a speed increase - which is *exactly* why nospam thinks one should
    use Lightroom

    <snip examples of a faster computer doing things faster>

    Imagine that list after someone switched to Lightroom - and all the things
    they're suddely doing quicker, ey?

    Sandman, Apr 13, 2014

  3. Jeffery Small

    PeterN Guest

    But that's not what "most people" do.

    PeterN, Apr 13, 2014
  4. Jeffery Small

    PeterN Guest

    That comment incontrovertibly demonstrates your lack of knowledge of
    Photoshop.

    PeterN, Apr 13, 2014
  5. Jeffery Small

    PeterN Guest

    I have never seen it get to the point that his underlying advice is not
    accurate.

    PeterN, Apr 13, 2014
  6. Jeffery Small

    PeterN Guest

    That's happening all by itself.Since my wife is diabetic, and has very
    little self control control, I only buy flavors that she doesn't like.
    It gets boring eating only two or three flavors of ice cream. See some
    good can come out of bad things.

    PeterN, Apr 13, 2014
  7. Jeffery Small

    PeterN Guest

    For her, ice cream, and most dairy products are poison. :-(

    PeterN, Apr 13, 2014
  8. Jeffery Small

    Guest Guest

    which you said you don't need nor want, because the existing solution
    is working just fine.
    it still does that internally.
    which is the point i was making originally.

    something new comes along, such as lightroom, which offers a
    productivity boost, so why not take full advantage of it?

    Guest, Apr 13, 2014
  9. Jeffery Small

    Guest Guest

    no, what it shows is your lack of knowledge of lightroom.

    ask anyone who has used both.

    Guest, Apr 13, 2014
  10. Jeffery Small

    Guest Guest

    very little learning is needed for lightroom. if you've used camera raw
    in photoshop you already know how to use camera raw in lightroom. that
    leaves very little left, mostly just how to rate images, work with
    smart collections, etc., and if you've used bridge it will be fairly
    familiar.
    nope. even shooting a dozen photos, the difference is noticeable.
    obviously the difference is bigger the more you shoot but it really
    doesn't take that many photos.

    Guest, Apr 13, 2014
  11. Jeffery Small

    Guest Guest

    who said anything about learning photoshop or lightroom from a cold
    start?

    Guest, Apr 13, 2014
  12. Jeffery Small

    Guest Guest

    os x is very tangible and one of the main reasons why people buy macs.

    Guest, Apr 13, 2014
  13. Jeffery Small

    Guest Guest

    what about it is confusing?
    no it isn't. if that were true it would not fail the mom test, which it
    does. if that were true, linux would be commonly used on the desktop,
    which it isn't.
    the lack of apps and hardware support, both peripherals and cards.
    drivers are usually just mac and windows. linux users are often on
    their own to get it to work.
    it's not crap because it's different, it's crap because it lacks the
    ability to run all of the commercial software available for mac and
    windows that you can't run unless you use virtualization or something
    like wine, the latter of which is a hack that doesn't work all that
    well most of the time.

    Guest, Apr 13, 2014
  14. Jeffery Small

    Guest Guest

    if it concerns you, it's not hard to find out.

    most people haven't any idea what wavelet means nor should they.

    that's why photoshop is so capable. you don't need to be an image
    processing geek to use it, and for those who are image processing
    geeks, they can dig deeper and make it as complex as they want it to
    be. it works for users at all levels.

    Guest, Apr 13, 2014
  15. Jeffery Small

    Guest Guest

    Exactly. That has been part of the point I have been attempting to
    make. Just because Adobe (and some others) have chosen not to give some
    features their geekiy and esoteric labels, doesn't mean they are not
    employed in their products.[/QUOTE]

    it also makes the software easier to use, yet retains the power for the
    geek users. it's a win-win for everyone.

    Guest, Apr 13, 2014
  16. Jeffery Small

    Guest Guest

    do you like to do anything *else* other than use photoshop or lightroom?

    using something that makes you more productive means you have more time
    to do *other* things.

    Guest, Apr 13, 2014
  17. Jeffery Small

    Guest Guest

    it absolutely is the case, however, the payoff may be longer if the new
    app is complex. it depends what you're doing and how often you do it.

    and this isn't about learning a new app from scratch either. typically
    there's a new feature that simplifies what you've been doing before.
    for instance, content aware fill can in many cases, drastically reduce
    the amount of time needed to retouch a photo, and it's not that hard to
    learn how to use it.

    Guest, Apr 13, 2014
  18. Jeffery Small

    Guest Guest

    also nonsense.
    it's not bogus at all.
    feel free to refute whatever i say with proof, not insults. you can't,
    which is why you resort to insults.
    i don't insult people unless they insult me first.

    if i disagree with them or think their statements are false and in some
    cases ludicrous, i will say so, but i do *not* insult the person unless
    they insult first.

    Guest, Apr 13, 2014
  19. Jeffery Small

    Tony Cooper Guest

    If your previous method of post-processing left you with no time to do
    anything but edit, then you were a) incapable of learning how to work
    effectively with that method, or, b) working on images that were so
    badly screwed up in the taking that they had to be reconstructed in
    post.

    Tony Cooper, Apr 13, 2014
  20. Jeffery Small

    Tony Cooper Guest

    The only way to provide proof is to see what you do with images. So,
    produce something to work with and I'll see about proof from there.

    Tony Cooper, Apr 13, 2014