    While it's rare that one can be certain what he's referring to: my vote
    would be converting the image to LAB & back to RGB. Two or three quick
    keystrokes in each direction.

    PeterN, Apr 18, 2014

  2. Jeffery Small

    PeterN Guest

    On 4/17/2014 9:12 PM, nospam wrote:

    I completely agree. However, I don't go to her lectures ot be
    entertained. She is one of the most knowledgeable Photoshop artists and
    lecturers around. I have gone to several of her PS lectures &
    workshops, and learned something new at each one.
    I have a standing deal with her. Take her and her husband out for a
    round of golf, and I get at least one Photoshop tip for each hole.

    PeterN, Apr 18, 2014

  3. Jeffery Small

    PeterN Guest

    All of which is meaningless.simply put:
    the LAB color space is larger than RGB. Conversion ot RGB is loseless.
    Conversion from LAB to RGB may not be b looseness, but for pictorial
    photography purposes, you will not notice any loss. Try it 10 times and
    ost the results. Let the readers try it and see ifthey can see any
    difference.

    PeterN, Apr 18, 2014
  4. Jeffery Small

    PeterN Guest

    It's not a color conversion. It's a conversion from one color space to
    another.

    PeterN, Apr 18, 2014
  5. Jeffery Small

    Guest Guest

    only an idiot would not understand what i'm referring to, and it has
    nothing to do with the number of keystrokes either.

    Guest, Apr 18, 2014
  6. Jeffery Small

    Guest Guest

    i didn't go to be entertained. i went to a session of hers at photoplus
    some years back. that's also where i met martin evening too.

    Guest, Apr 18, 2014
  7. Jeffery Small

    Guest Guest

    it's not meaningless and there is a loss in *either* direction.

    you might not care but others do.

    Guest, Apr 18, 2014
  8. Jeffery Small

    Guest Guest

    make up your mind.

    Guest, Apr 18, 2014
  9. Jeffery Small

    Tony Cooper Guest

    Good to see you examining a word to see if it fits. Go a little
    further, though.

    Intention: a thing intended; an aim or plan.

    Now look up "proven". "I've come to this conclusion" is not the
    definition.

    I don't plan to challenge nospam. I let pass any posts in which he
    doesn't say anything I disagree with.
    Context rules.
    Context rules.
    You said it.

    Tony Cooper, Apr 18, 2014
  10. Jeffery Small

    PeterN Guest

    Only a newbie to thisgroup, or an idiot, would take you at face value.

    One omre to my list.

    PeterN, Apr 18, 2014
  11. Jeffery Small

    PeterN Guest

    When your first comment about her presentations refers to entertainment,
    you are doing a highly talented person a grave disservice.

    PeterN, Apr 18, 2014
  12. Jeffery Small

    PeterN Guest

    Most talented photographers I respect agree with my statement. BTW
    instead of pulling statements, "out of your ass," do an experiment.
    Surely you can do a test image and post the results here.

    PeterN, Apr 18, 2014
  13. Jeffery Small

    PeterN Guest

    Write an unambiguous and accurate statement.

    PeterN, Apr 18, 2014
  14. Jeffery Small

    Guest Guest

    which has nothing to do with the topic. diversion noted.

    Guest, Apr 19, 2014
  15. Jeffery Small

    Guest Guest

    nonsense. my first comment was a recommendation of her books.

    you are as usual, wrong.

    Guest, Apr 19, 2014
  16. Jeffery Small

    Guest Guest

    then they're not as talented as you think or they don't understand what
    they're doing any more than you do.

    andrew rodney, chris murphy, jeff schewe and bruce fraser, all of whom
    are *very* well respected in the industry and have authored one or more
    books on this very topic have commented on more than one occasion about
    the drawbacks to a lab based workflow.

    Guest, Apr 19, 2014
  17. Jeffery Small

    Guest Guest

    take your own advice.

    you said it's not a conversion but it's a conversion. you haven't any
    clue what you're talking about.

    Guest, Apr 19, 2014
  18. Jeffery Small

    Guest Guest

    i quoted from andrew rodney's book which explained it.
    the answer to that was given in what i quoted.
    then read what was posted.

    Guest, Apr 19, 2014
  19. Jeffery Small

    Guest Guest

    given that lightroom didn't exist then, what i was doing was the most
    effective workflow at the time.
    however, at the time, there was no lightroom so that's not relevant.

    what i did then would be ineffective now because there are much better
    ways to do things.

    in the future, lightroom may be considered to be a clunky and
    inefficient workflow after something new comes along, but until that
    happens, lightroom is about the best there is for the majority of
    users.
    that's what i said originally.

    Guest, Apr 19, 2014
  20. Jeffery Small

    PeterN Guest

    I usually have only one round trip, two at the most.

    PeterN, Apr 19, 2014