Any Ideas on how I can copy the files on my hard drive to a CD and keep the file names just the way

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by reply_to_the_newsgroup, Aug 22, 2003.

  1. Can Someone please tell me how to burn CD's without having all the
    files renamed by Nero Burning ROM. (I had the same problem with EZ CD
    Creator, which chokes on Win XP).

    Here's what it does:
    When I burn a CD it either truncates the filename,
    or_puts_underbars_at_each_space. Or both.
    I've tried many combinations of settings. I'VE EVEN READ THE HELP
    PAGES! There
    is no help file for the software. I'll never need to buy a coaster
    again!

    Here are the settings I use:
    CD ROM (ISO)
    No Multisession
    ISO Level 2, Mode 2/XA,ASCII (or ISO - They both screw up
    differently), Joliet (truncates the file name),Allow path level of
    more than 8 directories, allow more than 255 characters.

    Any Ideas on how I can copy the files on my hard drive to a CD and
    keep the file names just the way they are?

    reply_to_the_newsgroup, Aug 22, 2003