Any good phone broadband deals?

Discussion in 'Broadband' started by Derek F, Nov 2, 2014.

  1. The Natural Philosopher, Nov 19, 2014

  2. Derek F

    Ian Jackson Guest

    Ian Jackson, Nov 19, 2014

  3. Derek F

    Derek F Guest

    Went active yesterday and broadband and E-Mail both OK. Initial speed
    about 10.6 Mbps.. Just missing having caller display but I don't want to
    pay for it when previous suppliers gave it free,
    Derek

    Derek F, Nov 21, 2014
  4. Derek F

    Phil W Lee Guest

    You could take the alternative (and possibly more realistic) view,
    that you were paying so much for the line before that is darned well
    ought to have included every bell and whistle technically possible,
    and that even with CLI it's still far cheaper than BT charge.
    But if it's unimportant to you, going without is now an option that
    you can save money be forgoing, which BT never gave you any option
    over.

    Phil W Lee, Nov 22, 2014
  5. Derek F

    Rodney Pont Guest

    Caller display used to be a free option with BT but they now charge
    œ1.75 a month for it.

    Rodney Pont, Nov 22, 2014
  6. Derek F

    Derek F Guest

    The first call I had took me by surprise when the callers number didn't
    show. I thought that it had been with held and answered rather tentatively.
    Derek

    Derek F, Nov 22, 2014
  7. Derek F

    Jim Guest

    That's unticked. I'm not using a sig and
    I'm trying to avoid using HTML. I'll keep
    trying ...

    --
    :: Jim, Wessex

    'I fear the day that technology will surpass our human
    interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots.'
    -- Albert Einstein

    (Haven't you noticed this?).

    Jim, Nov 22, 2014
  8. Derek F

    Jim Guest

    Fairly sure I've been through that before,
    but if the incoming message is in HTML, the
    outgoing seems to be as well.

    Anyway, way off topic, sorry.

    --
    :: Jim, Wessex

    How can you tell when a politician is lying?

    His lips will be moving.

    Jim, Nov 22, 2014
  9. Derek F

    Jim Guest

    I'd bookmark that if I could find where
    Mozilla's put the new bookmark clicker ...
    It's gone in the latest beta along with
    auto open a page in a new tab. Change for
    change's sake ...

    Jim, Nov 22, 2014