    Anyone had a good deal lately?? A lot of offers are linked to Sport/TV
    that I don't want.
    Derek

    Derek F, Nov 2, 2014

  2. Derek F

    David Guest

    Well people from Be seem to go to Plusnet for their fibre broadband.
    It seems when former Be customers ring the Sky cancellations to cancel
    they get offers to encourage a further 12 month with Sky and many stay.
    Regards
    David

    David, Nov 2, 2014

  3. Derek F

    Derek F Guest

    I don't really need fibre and prefer inclusive calls rather than evening
    and weekends.
    I've been spoilt as o2 had given me a free years broadband to keep me
    prior to the take over and then the free year line rental from Sky.
    Like many others I have not been impressed by the Sky service and they
    were less than helpful when I had several days of service interruptions.
    Derek

    Derek F, Nov 3, 2014
  4. Derek F

    David Guest

    Well Plusnet do non-fibre broadband and I would think anytime calls as well.
    Regards
    David

    David, Nov 3, 2014
  5. Derek F

    chris Guest

    Yup, they do. I use it and have done for several years now. you can also
    get inclusive international calls.

    chris, Nov 3, 2014
  6. Yes they do - and I'm on their Anytime tariff.
    Much cheaper than BT's similar offering.

    George

    George Weston, Nov 4, 2014
  7. Derek F

    Derek F Guest

    Tesco look the best at the moment with £15.40 a month line rental and
    broadband and any time calls for £7.00 a month for the firs year.
    Derek

    Derek F, Nov 4, 2014
  8. George Weston, Nov 4, 2014
  9. Derek F

    chris Guest

    chris, Nov 4, 2014
  10. Derek F

    Derek F Guest

    With their Anytime package 0845/0870 calls seem not to be included
    Derek

    Derek F, Nov 4, 2014
  11. Derek F

    Derek F Guest

    Derek F, Nov 4, 2014
  12. Derek F

    Derek F Guest

    Derek F, Nov 4, 2014
  13. Are you referring to our Anytime package Derek?

    If so, it *does* include 0845/0870 calls.

    Plusnet Support Team, Nov 6, 2014
  14. Derek F

    Derek F Guest

    Thank you. I signed up on-line with you yesterday morning for annual
    line rental in advance, anytime calls and broadband with the £75 cash
    back offer. The cash back does not show in the order but operator I
    queried it with said that it happens after 30 days.
    Sky tried their best to keep me:) Hoping for a trouble free experience
    with you.
    Derek

    Derek F, Nov 7, 2014
  15. Welcome aboard Derek. Feel free to give me a nudge if you have any
    problems between now and your line going active.

    Plusnet Support Team, Nov 7, 2014
  16. Derek F

    Derek F Guest

    It's good that someone from the company keeps an eye out here for users.
    The signing up procedure did not ask for my current E-Mail address so
    you will not be able to update me easily on the state of my order or
    advise me when I am eventually on line
    The thing that I do not like is how Plusnet E-Mail addresses are made up.
    I put in what I used as a user name with other companies and expected it
    to be followed just by @plusnet.com but it put the user name after @ so
    I then got @username.plus.com and the needed to put another word/name in
    front.
    I'll just continue to use my gmail address. I also continued with my o2
    address when moving to Sky last year and commented to their rep that I
    would now need to stop using that one. He said that there is an Offcom
    ruling that people can now continue to use old e-mail addresses, Is that
    correct. I did keep an old BT one for years until it was hacked but used
    to pay a small monthly fee to keep it.
    Derek

    Derek F, Nov 7, 2014
  17. Derek F

    Invalid Guest

    Its a much better system - it allows you to set up multiple e-mail
    addresses (all of which arrive in your inbox if you don't do anything
    special).

    I put my name in front for the people I want to hear from, and whenever
    I sign up to place an order I use the firm's name as the first part of
    the address - that way I can keep track of who is selling on my E-mail
    address.

    However the best way of all is to get a personal domain - that way if
    you ever do move on you can keep the e-mail flowing.

    Welcome to Plusnet.

    Regards

    Invalid, Nov 7, 2014
  18. Bob, might I ask you a question. Derek has seemed to have signed up
    for the same package I have. (Mine is 38Mbs Fibre Broadband and
    Phone).

    My package includes evening and weekend calls at no charge (free).. I
    too opted for the anytime calls for £5 / month, line rental in advance
    and caller display. (And it all works very nicely thank you).

    Since I signed up the main user of the phone (SWMBO) has got a mobile
    phone with inclusive calls and does not now use the landline very
    much. Hence the £5 / month for anytime calls is not really much use
    anymore.

    Can I cancel the anytime calls option and still keep the free evening
    and weekend calls included in my 38Mbs Fibre Broadband and Phone
    package. Your changing the otpions web page seems to me that if I
    cancel the anytime calls I will lose the free inclusive evening and
    weekend calls, (which are used by me). Your advice would be
    appreciated.

    brightside S9, Nov 7, 2014
  19. You can update the email address we hold for you here -
    http://users.plus.net/QL:B4D072B7
    If there is an Ofcom ruling about the retention of email addresses then
    I'll admit, it's not one I'm aware of.

    Plusnet Support Team, Nov 7, 2014
  20. Derek F

    chris Guest

    I think they either use ports or packet inspection.

    chris, Nov 7, 2014