    () wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    Because Blockbuster isn't "Big Brother" with watchdogs in every store, and
    some stores are just franchises, not corporate-owned.

    Jeff Rife, Aug 21, 2005

  2. wunnuy

    Black Locust Guest

    Do you want me to go into my local Blockbuster and take a photo of the
    unrated DVDs on the shelves? Seriously, I'll do it just to shut you guys
    up.

    Black Locust, Aug 22, 2005

  3. wunnuy

    Black Locust Guest

    Did my earlier post just go completely over your head? You have no idea
    what you're talking about. Let me try to make this clear again;
    corporate policy is only to not stock NC-17 or X rated movies! UNRATED
    MOVIES ARE ALLOWED, as long as the unrated material within isn't the
    equivalent of an NC-17 movie. If you go into a Blockbuster and only see
    rated DVDs, the store is likely a franchise store! Period!

    Black Locust, Aug 22, 2005
  4. wunnuy

    Black Locust Guest

    Fixed your post for you.

    Black Locust, Aug 22, 2005
  5. wunnuy

    FedUpWithFigs

    Joined:
    Jul 13, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Morons!

    Someone asked if there was an alternative to Netflix, and the morons on this site all discussed their pet peeves for three pages, and not one person responded. Well, the first response was legitimate until it got highjacked for the pet peeves of little twerps. I can't believe I am wasting my time to try to help you. Who wants to listen to that! Really!

    FedUpWithFigs, Jul 16, 2009
  6. wunnuy

    halpal28

    Joined:
    Aug 12, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    this may be about 4 years too late, but in case anyone else is still wondering...
    facetsmovies.com is a really good alternative to netflix. it focuses on independent film, but still has all the other stuff too. it's also non-profit, and about the same price as netflix.

    halpal28, Aug 12, 2009
  7. wunnuy

    blizzerd

    Joined:
    Oct 24, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I never had that problem

    I never had that problem with Netflix. I've subscribed for a little over 5 years. I did, however, have a problem for a little while with a particular postal carrier, who was vertically challanged and had a hard time putting the disks in my mail box. She'd often leave the disks on my front step, which sometimes led to their being stolen by some passer-by ( I live in sort of an urban neighborhood) or else she'd passive agressively crack the disk while cramming it in the mail box. Cracking a disk by hand is not really that easy to do. That only happened 3 or 4 times and every time I'd notify Netflix about it and they would send me a new movie immediately with no questions asked. Since that particular mail carrier has been off the route - about 2 years - there have been no problems like that.

    blizzerd, Oct 24, 2010
  8. wunnuy

    Cruiser42

    Joined:
    Jul 12, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Alternatives to NETFLIX

    I, too, have had it with Netflix -- my first movie, the dvd was bad -- replaced it, the second one was bad, too. You dont get to ruin 2 of my evenings.

    anyone found any good alternatives ??

    Cruiser42, Jul 12, 2011