Any good 3rd party drivers for MediaGear XtraDrive?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by DemoDisk, Dec 30, 2006.

  1. DemoDisk

    DemoDisk Guest

    Got XtraDrive yesterday to use with an xD picture card. Windows98SE
    identified it right away as a "keychain drive," but had no driver for
    it.

    Had to DL MediaGear's driver from their site and its 5½ megabytes!!!

    Before I install it (and all the crap that's probably in the file),
    could someone tell me where to find other drivers that wd work with
    XtraDrive?

    Thanks,
    JM

    ===========

    From driverguide.com for "MediaGear xD-Picture Card Keychain Driver":

    jobrotn
    65.6.2.x 11 Oct 2006
    10:20:09 CDT
    Windows 98SE

    Recommended: No
    Installation: Bad
    Stability: N/A
    Compatibility: Bad

    "This driver for USB MediaGear Compact Flash keychain did not work on a
    portable using Win98. Neither did the device work after attempting to
    install the driver from CD from the manufacturer of the device. It *did*
    work on a WinME portable."

    DemoDisk, Dec 30, 2006