any firewall yet?

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by 64bit, Jul 3, 2005.

  1. No comment, since I haven't seen his interview, and therefore anything I said
    would be a violation of my NDA. ;)

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 5, 2005

  2. 64bit

    John Barnes Guest

    Combined with good up to date anti-virus protection.

    John Barnes, Jul 5, 2005

    Steve Thompson, Jul 5, 2005
  4. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 5, 2005
  5. I am just saying the x64 platform "for now" is relatively safe.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 5, 2005
  6. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 5, 2005

    Steve Thompson, Jul 5, 2005
  8. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 5, 2005
  9. On that subject, I was contacted today to beta test NOD32 for x64. Things
    are moving slowly along.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 6, 2005
  10. Andre, you said this before and I agree with you, but I fear that it is a
    little like saying that a house-fire is relatively less threatening to the
    neighborhood than a refinery fire. Doesn't come down to who's house it is?
    32-bit Windows has so conditioned me to think about viruses that I don't
    think I can ever put that fear aside.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 6, 2005
  11. 64bit

    John Barnes Guest

    Interesting since a beta version has been available for over a month
    already.

    John Barnes, Jul 6, 2005
  12. 64bit

    Guest Guest

    Yes NVidia has one that is bundled with there driver pack.
    TMan

    Guest, Jul 9, 2005
  13. 64bit

    Guest Guest

    i dont know how well norton works - never use it, too damn annoying - anyway
    give firefox a try. i have been running the 64-bit build for a while now and
    never get any unwanted pop-ups. plus you can get extensions to remove ads
    from web pages if you need that.

    as far as home security, keep xp patched, add a router and dont open spam.
    works for me and my 'average user' wife.

    Guest, Jul 13, 2005