    speed Woosh promise?

    Thanks
    Wil

    Wilhelm, May 1, 2004

  2. If I unplug my booster antenna I get just one of the four signal
    indicator lights showing, but that's still enough to get full speed. I
    just tried it and was downloading a file at 25 KiB/s, with or without
    the booster antenna.

    http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~rojaws/

    Roger Johnstone, May 1, 2004

  3. Wilhelm

    Wilhelm Guest

    Thanks Roger. This would mean that the booster is necessary just to
    get the signal and the signal strength doesn't really have too much to
    do with the speed you get. I'll go and do some shopping at DSE.
    Anyway, there's the 30 day money back guarantee if it doesn't work at
    my place.

    Wilhelm, May 2, 2004
  4. On Sat, 01 May 2004 20:00:18 -0700, Wilhelm asked if the Woosh signal
    strength affected the connection speed.

    Wilhelm replied
    My experience is similar to Roger's - that if there is a connection, then
    my Woosh modem seems to be able to provide the promised residential
    bandwidth. I don't know about the higher bandwidth business options.

    Coincidently I was pleased to receive a snailmail letter today from Woosh,
    saying that they have "permanently reduced my fixed monthly fee" by $10
    per month for "all our customers on the everyday unlimited plan" They say
    it it "to ensure Woosh is always competitive".
    Now $55 per month rather than $65.

    I am a bit surprised that the letter came snailmail, rather than via
    email. After all the monthly account comes via email.

    Martin

    Martin Bonham, May 3, 2004