Any experience with printmyphotobook.com?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by cleavergeorge, Aug 13, 2006.

  1. I needed to print some of my photos in a bound book.

    I compared quite a few options:

    Shutterfly
    Fastback Creative Books
    Digifilm Labs VioVio
    Print and Share
    Qoop
    100 Books Publishing
    Xlibris
    Album Printer Software
    PrintMyPhotobook
    Picaboo
    MyPublisher
    Vision Art Book

    And liked the the one by printmyphotobook.com since they offer the book
    format that I want (8.6"x10") and software that in my opinion is
    superior to all others (it does not require you to be online in order
    to use it).

    However, when I tried to contact printmyphotobook.com with a technical
    question (via email), I received no answer.

    I sent them a second email, but still no answer.

    I looked for a different way to contact them, but they have neither
    phone number nor street address.

    Well... the order I was about to make is several hundred dollars worth,
    but now I am hesitant to provide my credit card number to an unknown
    entity that has only web presence, no phone number, no street address,
    does not answer emails - and has no ratings or reviews anywhere on the
    web...

    Has anyone here had any experience with this company? Any information
    you can shed would be appreciated.

    Thanks,
    George

    cleavergeorge, Aug 13, 2006

  2. cleavergeorge

    Kiwiski Guest

    Hi George. Did you try Photomax? I love their bound photo books.
    They've partnered with Fuji and Disney with their products and they are
    backed by a company with a 5A1 financial strength rating (the highest
    possible). Also they have a support line ... I've always got answers
    to questions. You can join through www.pictureofhealth.myphotomax.com
    Good luck
    John

    Kiwiski, Aug 13, 2006

  3. cleavergeorge

    Roy G Guest

    Hi

    Well he would say that wouldn't he.
    He is an associate or whatever they call it.

    Roy G

    Roy G, Aug 13, 2006
  4. John, thanks for pointing me to an additional resource I didn't know
    aobut (MyPhotoMax).

    However, I looked at MyPhotoMax and found no software to download -
    which means that I have to build my photobook while connected to the
    Internet. This is not acceptable for me.

    I also don't like the idea of the possibility that after I invest quite
    some time organizing my photos in a book (including uploading them via
    the Internet which is quite a slow process), I will discover
    "something" that will deter me from doing business with MyPhotoMax -
    just like I happened to me right now with PrintMyPhotobook.

    Since I have already invested quite some time organizing my photos into
    photobooks, using PrintMyPhotobook's software, I prefer getting
    positive feedback about PrintMyPhotobook.com, so that I can submit the
    order with peace of mind.

    If that doesn't happen within a few days, of course I will have to
    start looking elsewhere.

    Do you know anything about PrintMyPhotobook.com?

    Regards,
    George

    cleavergeorge, Aug 13, 2006
  5. Also take a look at blurb.com. You download their software and
    run it locally. They responded to my tech questions quickly.
    I haven't used the service yet, however.

    Robert Feinman, Aug 14, 2006
  6. cleavergeorge

    Kiwiski Guest

    Good point about using downloadable software. I the online stuff
    depends a lot on internet connections. It must be frustrating for you
    having put the time into something and found it doesn't come up to
    scratch. I guess that is where these forum can help to get feedback -
    however, sorry, I can't give you feedback on PrintMyPhotobook. All the
    best.

    Kiwiski, Aug 14, 2006
  7. Thanks, Robert. I didn't know about blurb.com. Looks like a a good
    option - I will definitely check it out since I have given up
    completely on printmyphotobook.com.

    I would advise anyone to be extremely cautios before sending
    printmyphotobook.com any money. If that web site has legitimate
    business behind it, they surely don't know anything about attracting
    prospective customers.

    cleavergeorge, Aug 17, 2006