    I vaguely remember reading something on the news groups, this one computer
    guy was not recommending using hibernation mode, but I don't remember what
    was his reason.

    lbbs, Jan 8, 2004

  2. lbbs

    joevan Guest

    Are you using a laptop or a desktop PC.?
    Seems to me it is basically useful for laptop.
    joevan

    joevan, Jan 8, 2004

  3. lbbs

    Boomer Guest

    You can search the archives at
    http://www.google.com/advanced_group_search

    Boomer, Jan 8, 2004
  4. lbbs

    Brian H¹© Guest

    lbbs said:
    If you are using a "Pro" version OS, you don't need/want to use hibernation.
    The Pro versions are for professionals, and more often than not, their systems
    will be on 24/7 and will be set to have passworded screensaver activation for
    the time they are away from their monitors.

    It is just as simple to "Shutdown" if your system is at home.

    Brian H¹©, Jan 8, 2004
  5. lbbs

    lbbs Guest

    I tired hibernation mode at home, and it boots up quicker then a regular
    cold boot-up.
    Also, it is nice because it keeps everything open as it was before
    hibernation. I have
    windows 2000 pro. I don't see any Cons to this mode, and I really hate
    long boot
    up time. I searched googles but can't find that old post re: Cons.

    lbbs, Jan 8, 2004
  6. lbbs

    Boomer Guest

    You searched for "Cons"? Search for hibernation.
    And search in the group of your choice or none at all.

    Boomer, Jan 8, 2004