    large-volume Cisco discussion groups out there that I could try?

    Thanks
    Brian

    Brian, Jan 23, 2004

  2. :We have been having ongoing problems getting our mail server to work
    :properly when we activate the firewall on our Cisco 1720. Cisco has been
    :researching the problem for over a month and Surfcontrol has tried to help
    :us as best can.

    :So is there anyone out there who has a Cisco router and who uses Surfcontrol
    :SMTP server as their email gateway? Alternatively, are there any other
    :large-volume Cisco discussion groups out there that I could try?

    What symptoms are you seeing? (Sorry, there are too many anonymous
    'Brian's for me to keep them straight, if you've posted that info before.)

    Are you using 'ip inspect smtp' on the 1720? Does Surfcontrol want
    ESMTP ? Do you have valid reverse DNS for the IP address of your
    SMTP server? Have you opened tcp 113 (ident) both ways, or set up
    refused connections to reset instead of timing out?

    Walter Roberson, Jan 23, 2004