Any chance the audio for Star Wars DVD will be fixed?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Opticreep, Nov 8, 2004.

  1. Sounded fine to me.

    Scott Streeter, Nov 9, 2004

  2. Opticreep

    Justin Guest

    C The Shocker wrote on [Mon, 8 Nov 2004 21:38:49 -0800]:
    Where's the relevance? If it's broken it's broken.

    I also doubt 95% only listen through their TV speakers.

    Justin, Nov 9, 2004

  3. Opticreep

    luminos Guest

    The rear surround channels of the music mix are reversed. This is very
    noticeable and almost disastrous, particularly to those who have heard the
    surround mixes on previous Laserdisc releases.

    luminos, Nov 9, 2004
  4. Opticreep

    Larry Guest

    @newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net>, [email protected]MMERS-BITE-
    ME.mindspring.com says...
    Its Wrong because it causes part of the sound to be "out of
    phase" with the rest of the soundfield.. an odd, and to
    some people, disquieting effect.

    Larry, Nov 9, 2004
  5. Opticreep

    Anybody Guest

    Yeah, you're right. It's more like 99.9% of television owners. :)

    Anybody, Nov 9, 2004
  6. Opticreep

    Solon Guest

    Solon, Nov 10, 2004
  7. Opticreep

    Willy Nilly Guest

    Yeah, it seems to be a bad batch here in Australia. :(

    Willy Nilly, Nov 10, 2004
  8. Opticreep

    Grue Guest

    noticeably fluctuating.

    Are you talking about the Tarkin dialog to Leia before the destruction of
    Alderaan? "You would prefer another target, a military target? Then name the
    system." I can tell you that if you have a 6.1 system, then it only sounds
    garbled if you're listening to the EX mix with the rear center speaker
    on....my solution was to turn it off. The rear center speaker is nice and
    active in the EX mix, but the tonal quality of Tarkin's dialog, and other
    points in the film, were a little distracting. Going into the set-up menu on
    my surround sound receiver and disabling the rear center speaker makes those
    sounds now come from the left and right surround speakers, and it sounds a
    lot better. My guess is George was going for an immersive experience with
    some of these scenes, and was trying to make it sound like Tarkin was
    circling around you, the viewer, as he was delivering his lines to Leia. Or
    it could just be that the original master is damaged, and the clarity of the
    DVD and the new remasters only serves to make that deterioration more
    obvious.

    Grue, Nov 10, 2004
  9. Opticreep

    Solon Guest

    _Willy Nilly_ spoke thusly:
    Time to move. ;-)

    Solon, Nov 11, 2004
  10. Captain Jinks, Nov 11, 2004
  11. Opticreep

    Willy Nilly Guest

    version

    Wrong. It's the widescreen release.

    Willy Nilly, Nov 11, 2004
  12. Opticreep

    Willy Nilly Guest

    I wish I had the money to. :)

    Willy Nilly, Nov 11, 2004
  13. What glitch??? I dont notice anything wrong...
    Anyhoo, wouldnt that make your/our DVD's worth more...

    ··»¤·Ðeåñø·¤«··, Nov 12, 2004
  14. Opticreep

    Willy Nilly Guest

    See the line going across the television on the screenshot above?
    It flickers on/off throughout the entire ANH (Region4) release.
    I've read about it on various web sites, with some people saying
    it's not there, and others confirming it. Seems to only be visible
    on 4:3 televisions in widescreen ratio. :(

    Willy Nilly, Nov 13, 2004
  15. Opticreep

    GMAN Guest

    GMAN, Nov 15, 2004